Goodbye Old, Hello New (Chapter 1)

"Rebekah, darling, the car is here" I heard my mother call to me from downstairs. I pulled my luggage out of my room grabbed my bag and plastered my fake smile on.

I was being shipped out to my cousins house for the remainder of my senior year. My cousins lived somewhere in or by London, I don't really know. My winter break had just ended. I had to leave the life I loved behind due to the fact that my parents were going on a cruise. I sighed and hugged my mom then my dad. They really think I want to go but truthfully I didn't. I wanted to stay in my normal life in Utah, my home. Why should I complain though? I have two loving parents, a good education, and a place to live. I should have no reason to complain.

I got into the taxi and waved goodbye to my life. I was seventeen and I already had to deal with these kind of things. I got to the airport and kissed normal away. I checked my bags quickly then waited to board my plane. I played on my phone until I got numerous texts from my friends wishing me my best and saying goodbye. I sat there smiling like an idiot until I realized my flight was being called. I got into the line, then boarded the plane. I sat in my seat and waited.

I felt the wheels lift the ground, my whole body tensing. I started to relax when we were in steadier air. We were able to turn electronics on, so I put my headphones in and drowned out the world. Music was the only escape for the lies I told. Music was the only one who knew the truth.

"Ma'am, the plane has landed." My headphones had fallen out, while I was sleeping. The flight attendent had woken me up. It had been a long flight. I grabbed my carry on and left. I quickly went to retreive my bags from the bag carousel and walked away. They were crouds of people waiting for their loved ones. They all had signs, I spotted one that read:

Rebekah Anderson

I looked into the face that held it. My face quickly went from sad to absolutely pleased. They smiled back.

My cousin Harmony, Marissa and Kyle had come for me and of course my Auntie Irene and my Uncle Daniel. My cousins Harmony and Marissa where twins, they were thirteen. Kyle was the same age as me. We left the airport to their house. They lived about thirty minutes out of London. Once we were there they showed me the room I would be staying in, it had its own bathroom! I silently cheered. Today was Sunday, so I would be starting school tomorrow.

It was already six in the evening here. I remembered I had to call my mom. After an hour on the phone with her I hear my aunt call dinner, I say goodbye to my mother. I go down to find my cousins in front of me. I smile at everyone and we start to eat. After dinner is over we all go to our rooms. Its already eight and I want to sleep. I get ready for bed and fall into a deep sleep.

~•~

Short first chapter :/ sorry I would really love comments or anything C: