19 - A helpless king

Many overlooked his ability to overlook the kingdom and perhaps they are correct. Luna is a sheltered king with great power and also none. His mother, the queen dowager dictates the kingdom and the king under her cruel reign and never ceases her behavior despite many please and begs.

Despite this, Luna is still the only one who may make a final decision. True, that Allegra may perhaps keep her son unknowing of her actions and that of the kingdom but the moon overlooks the land at night and he heard the nightmares of his people and the dreams that beg release.

So he knows.

Should Allegra pass a law despite her lack of the power to do so the king has every right to strip her of her rights to the kingdom and royalty.

The hand of a Lord so precious to the king is not one of which she has no power over.

Yes she has the right as acting queen to bless marriages without the kings word. And all in all, the queen has more power in such affairs than even the king.

It makes it difficult no?

Luna knows this.

He is not a physically strong king but he is powerful nonetheless. His physique one which many Ladys swoon for while simultaneously being one which makes men rethink their identities.

Androgynous. The most handsome and manly and the most beautiful and feminine. But still he needs a queen to have full power. Till then. The queen dowager has free will over the kingdom.

Luna -

My heart aches at the thought of all that my sweet little Eden had told me of. The shadows in the castle are corrupt and the walls are as well. How could they speak of such a beautiful specimen as Angelo in such a way? How could they poison the young Edens ears with such words?

It has me feeling as helpless as many other things in this world. In the comfort of a guest room because I feel even more so helpless in my own room. Away from mirrors as I feel less helpless not seeing the lack of scars that my body has covered. Mute as I feel less helpless when I dont say things that cause mother to dig her nails through my tongue.

I look up as I hear the door creek open and my heart swells. A pair of beautiful mismatched eyes have come to my comfort.

"My love you feel distressed. Are you okay?" His voice tears at the quiet surroundings and blesses my ears with its deep and comforting sound.

I smile at him. I want to reassure him but as the past week has come and gone, Ive noticed that he has an amazing skill of knowing exactly how I feel. Almost as if we share a soul...

Ha. I wish.

We dont share a soul unfortunately. He is not my beloved to be. I'd have known if he was.

He walks over to where I lay on my bed, making himself cozy sitting at the top corner with his back against the headboard.

"What leaves you so distressed tonight my love?" He asks, his voice yet again attacking my heart with a pang. I look up to meet my eyes with his. I cannot speak my mind so I hope he can read my eyes as well has he always has.

"Lacking sleep this far into the night will only make tomorrow harder love. All will work out so dont worry so much." He reaches down to brush his fingers over my cheek. I feel calmer and more at peace. But not enough to sleep.

I sit up and sit next to him, rest my head on his shoulder. He kisses my hair and rests his head on top of mine. Slowly. In an uncomfortable position that makes me the most comfortable Ive been since Sol was around, I fall asleep.

.

When day breaks the tension in the mansion is one like never before. It would seem as though Angelo has yet to leave his room and Eden seems even more stressed than he was the day before.

I feel anger take its course through my body. That wench had somehow ruined our two weeks together without even being present. Thus far I hadnt hated her as she was my mother. But ever since Eden revealed what she had said with the king of Osmein, Ive felt the hatred grow in rapid fire. Not only did she have the nerve to even hold a conversation with another king without my knowledge, she also suggested giving my besutiful Sydelle to that man, and then again she accepted the kings request to take my sweet Angelo instead.

"Lu-Lu... are you okay?" A small voice calls from behind me. Hope.

I turn to face her with a smile on my face. I kneel down and open my arms for her to walk into and kiss her forehead, lifting her up on my hips.

Shes a seven year old girl in the body the size of a 5 year olds, ironic considering shes the spirit of the Ox.

She cuddles into my shoulder, probably knowing that- despite my attempt at reassurance- I am not, in fact okay.

Her small figure in my arms comfort me and it makes me feel a little sad, dissipating at my previous anger. Somehow, despite it being my job to comfort them, my lovers are the ones comforting me so often these past few nights.

"Luna lets have breakfast." She says with her head still leaning on my shoulders. And of course how could I deny my sweet little baby girl.

I walk into the kitchen and find that Felix is cooking up some breakfast with Quinn helping and teaching him how to make anything. The twins are sitting at the table already, in a mindless conversation among one another with Elara sat next to them, quietly listening in.

The domestic feel of the kitchen was enough to lift my mood up by a little bit.

Slowly, the others woke up and came into the kitchen, sitting around yhe dining table. And by the time breakfast is served, two seats remain empty.

The seat of the Bunny.

And the seat of the Goat...