Emperor AU (🥤)

TW: OOC, Cruel thoughts and actions. Do be aware that your precious Kokotaim teams' good nature is being butchered right now.

"All hands! Clap for our heroes!" A cheeky reporter exclaimed, her mic was waved around to mimic the audience's motion.

The stadium vibrated with the momentum of joy and relief. Praises and thanks were thrown into the air, weaving a song for the glorious and the brave. The people were utterly grateful for the save their heroes had willingly carried out. Goodness knows, the folks have endured too much suffering under the hands of Retakka the evil, none hoped to wish the chaos bringer any light of day nor mercy.

Standing upright and dressed in formal Tapops suits, the Kokotaim team were shown off to the masses. They were the golden children of Tapops and the well-known favoured team that Tapops had in decades. Before Admiral Tarungs' return, no team can be compared to the past elemental holders. Due to that, the scale of destruction and war were in the hands of the bloodthirsty and greedy aliens when all elementals were slain to their deaths. Retakka used to be at the top of that food chain. That is, until Kokotiam decided to tip the scale in Tapops favour. Lady luck truly adores them. So do the people.

Yaya timidly waved to the people. Ying gave a wide eye smile and clasped hands with a few others. She decidedly stopped when a slimy tentacle shook hers with tremendous rigour. Yaya snickered at her friends' predicament.

Gopal took this chance to greet as many as possible. Shaking hands and teaching other aliens the custom of high-fives. He was trying to build his publicity with a good note. Fang, on the other hand, did not bother to boost his reputation. He was popular enough to be recognised with a glance and charismatic enough to have the youngsters squeal his name. He was too important to not be known.

Gopal shot Fang a traitorous glare, unhappy that the shadow user would always hog up the attention without trying. Fang simply gave the other a playful smirk before giving the masses a simple wave. Yaya watched their interaction, signing when she realised the boys might have placed a bet on this. She'd have to stop Gopal soon else her pockets would be emptied.

After a few minutes, Commander Koko Ci signalled Fang to approach the podium. The boy did as told, albeit reluctantly. For a man who loves fame, he has too few words to give.

Fang sneaked a look at the covered seating area at the edge of the stadium. A shadow of a man stood there, demanding respect and authority even though they could not be seen. He gripped the microphone tight and tried his best to calm the nerves. Fang would not disappoint them. He was watching.

"...", the audience fell into a pin-drop silence, awaiting the wisdom that they will be graced with by Tapops prized employee.

Fang, holder of the shadow element, leader of the Kokotaim.

Son of the Emperor.

--

He had just gone through the first line when an explosion interrupted Fangs' speech.

It had taken everyone aback. The severity of the situation has yet to dawn in their minds, except Ying. She recovered from her shock quickly and wielded 'Slow-Mo' in the nick of time. Said manipulator then sped towards the site, leaving her team in the dust. That was sufficient to snap the others out of their stupor.

Seeing Ying strain her powers thin, Yaya helped alleviate the rocks and hone her concentration to each and every material. Making sure that the people were not brought flying as well. Fang used his shadow hands to grab the remaining others whom Ying did not manage to drag out with her bare hands. Since the rescue operation left no room for one more, Gopal decided to pacify the victims and the rest that they were safe and sound as long as Kokotiam is here.