Answer my call (Pt. 1)/ B7

Headcanon: Solar being smart doesnt mean he is always careful. Afterall, it takes a second.

Synopsis: Solar fell badly.

Warning: Mention of blood, injury, medical inaccuracy, falling from great heights, tight spaces, pain

.

.

.

1.

It all started with a plan.

They had been fighting an earth monster on rocky terrain. Gempa, Thorn and Solar had been sent to settle the distress in that area.

Gempa had his Earth Golem on defence. Grandiose limbs on the ready to throw hands with the mud monster. Thorn stood near the Golems' feet, thick vines preparing for the count while Solar took refuge on the high rise columns for better aim.

It should have been simple, really.

Gempa would subdue the monster and Thorn would render its limbs useless with his vines. Solar will shoot his laser guns to dissipate it. Then the mission will be complete.

It was as simple as that. Quick and efficient as Solar liked.

They fell into their battle stance as the mud monster came closer towards the village, leaving blackened trails behind in its wake. The Mud Monster was too focused on conquering its next victim, it foolishly allowed its defences to fall and Gempa took this opportunity to jump at it.

He unfurled his earth Golem swiftly and pounced. Thorn summoned his vines and attacked in suit. Solar felt his hand warm up. The tips of his fingers sizzling with raw power.

"Solar! Your call!" Gempa signalled from below.

Just a shot. Then it's over. As simple as that.

When Solar kneeled to get a better aim, the ground shook. The sudden tremors aroused screams from the village and it triggered excitement from the monster.
So many prey, it thought. So much.

Imminently, the columns swayed in a tango along with the tragic rythm. Solars' foot slipped and the light manipulator dropped to the floor with a grunt.

'Such foul luck', he thought.

Solar had to abandon his focus and remain flat on his stomach. He trusted that the column wouldn't fall but the tremors were decaying that silver lining of safety. Thorn, noticing his brothers' inconvenient state, forced out more vines to keep the structure rigid. At the expanse of his limit.

"Argh- Solar, quickly!!" Thorn wailed, his hands started shivering from over exertion.

"I can't hold much- ARGHH- longer!!".

Gempa too was having a hard time but he couldn't voice it out. The mud monster was trying to seep through the holes and the earth user had to fix his stance every once in a while. More Golems were forced to emerge and gather, climbing over one another to build a sturdy circular cage. However the tremors were not helping and slowly, one by one of the Golems fell asunder to a heap on the ground.

Thorn screamed again," SOLAR! ".

The panic made Solar jump for an alternate approach. He remained lying on the platform but shifted so that his arms were hanging by the edge. Solar ensured a clear aim on the target in his uncomfortable position. Flying debris might have clouded his vision but the monster was large enough to not miss.

His fingers sparked with power and the heat blisters the tips. Immediately, a shot was released and the monster shrieked in pain. At that ear-shattering wail, Thorn mustered blades on his vines and pulled with all his might. It cuts the monster in pieces and Solar speedily sends down torrents of bullets onto them.

That should have sealed their victory.

However the monster had ideas. Before Thorn could finish it with a clean cut, it threw one of their hands towards the column Solar was on.

Solar watched it fly close to the pillar beneath him. He watched it smash through his support. He remained watching as the cracks ran up towards him, crumbling in the process.

What happens next was a blur.

Solar remembered Gempa screaming in vain to look out. Thorns' vines reached out to him, but they were too slow.

"SOLAR-"

2.

Dark. It was the first thing Solar came to. There was no stray beam of light to illuminate his prison.

Solar tried to claw at whatever was above him but his hands were stuck. He tried kicking but his legs could not move.

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

Solar wiggled, trying to make more room and map around his constricting prison. Wherever he was, it was tight. Whatever was on him is making it hard to breath.

How long has he been here anyways?
It shouldn't have been past 30 minutes, noting the absence of help. Aid would have arrived by now.

Solar laid back down, head resting on the dirt beneath him. He decided to wait.

Tick Tick

2

Tick Tock

6

Tick Tock

10

Tick- Where is everybody?

"GEMPA- uhuk-" His scream was cut off by dry coughing. Solar desperately blinked back tears at the blossoming pain on his chest. He couldn't breath-

"THORN!" Solar stubbornly tried his luck once gain before harnessing all his might into freeing his hands.

His left hand was held down by something equally heavy as the weight on his chest. That left his right which was partially constrained.

Solar pulled and pulled. He wiggled it slowly when his strength dwindled. Time passed like a snail and his glove slipped a bit, so Solar resumed pulling in his sorry state. Whatever comes next was the least expected.

He pulled and pulled again at the slight silver lining but-

"ARGH!!" PAIN.

Alarm bells rang shrilly in his mind. It felt as if his skin was on fire. The burning sensation flew up his arm and consumed his body whole. It hurts. It hurts so bad.

"THORN!" Solar screamed.

His arms burn. His body is shrivelling in tortuous agony. Solar screamed his brothers name again.

There was no answer.

THERE WAS NO ANSWER.

WHERE ARE THEY??

"THORN! GEMPA! ANYONE! PLEASE!"

No answer

'Please...'

No one answered. What happened? Did the mud monster escape? Did they leave him- NO. His brothers would not do that. They wouldn't leave him. Were they captured? Are they hurt? Are they trapped where they couldn't hear him? Are they-

The weight on his chest increased tenfold and Solar. Couldn't. Breath.

No no nonononono. He couldn't die like this. NOT LIKE THIS notlikethisnotlike-

"Please..", He forced a hoarse whisper.

The agony was too much. The weight was too heavy. There was no answer. There won't be. Solar knew that.

Yet Solar can't help but to hope.

"Please...Help me"

It was dark again.

Where are they?

Edited 11/9/2022