Sleep (B7)

>> Attempt at humor, cringetastic

>> Headcanons:

-Solar likes doing homework and would steal his brothers' homework no matter what grade. Too smart for his own good

- Thorn is a light sleeper. Nature is everywhere and never sleeps. If he could, he would never sleep.

- Despite being a fire user, Api has low spice tolerance cause his body has been burning too much already. Please spare his taste buds.

1.

The letters blurred together, flying around the page and fused with abhorrent elements that Solar had to take his eyes off the text.

His hands were shivering.

But it wasn't cold.

Solar had to physically push himself away from the table where all the sheets of work were spreaded on. He gave it one last glance and winced when his vision started to sway. Solar vainly rubbed his temples to satisfy the amplifying headache. He took deep breaths and counted to three before making his way up to his shared bedroom with Thorn.

The room was dark. Solar could only guess that Thorn was asleep. If Thorn was asleep, it meant that Solar had burnt the midnight oil once again. Solar drew out a long sign. Thorn tend to stay up late to watch the owls fly before hitting the sack. Solar would usually be asleep by then. Or at least, he used to be asleep by then. Ever since his enrolment into the academy, Solar subconsciously rooted the motto: "SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK" into the roots of his mind.

The clad in white boy stared at his clean bed. It called out to him with promises and sweet whispers of comfort and warmth. Invisible hands coaxing him towards it. Solar desperately wanted to reciprocate. He wanted to sleep like a log so bad. Who cares if he misses school tomorrow?

Solar did. He still does.

So, he made a beeline towards the bathroom and ignored the beds' existence.

2.

Cold water drizzled down Solars' face as he stared into the mirror.

His eyes were dull and lifeless. The bags rooted beneath those yellow beau were dark and heavy. Solar concluded that he looked hideous. He hated it.

Solar splashed more water onto his face to get rid of any insecurity germs that latched onto his skin. His vision shook a little. He rubbed his eyes furiously, trying to keep himself awake.

Why was he so worked up out of the blue?

Solar didn't know and he felt that he should not try to know it for now. The night is barely young anymore and he should spend whatever is left of the dark to close his eyes.

He did just that and threw his lithe body onto the bed. It squeaked loudly at the unexpected weight and Solar winced. He looked over to Thorn at the other side of the room to find that his brother had tossed and murmured a few incomprehensible lines before squeezing his stuffed elephant.

Otherwise, Thorn was still asleep and that itself was a relief.

Solar calmed himself down and crawled onto the bed, wincing every time his bed squeaked and when Thorn snored loudly. Once safe, Solar gingerly rearranged his pillows and wrapped the comforter around himself. The night was notoriously cold this month.

Sleep was welcoming him. His vision was fading. Warmth has slowly engulfed him. It was lovely. Solar was sure he would have a decent night-

"Hi"

3.

It was not decent.

" The aye-ayes are awake. So i'm awake"

Solar lowered his finger guns.

"So?" he asked carefully.

Thorn, the brat who decided to wake up at this cursed hour and scare the living daylights out of Solar, grinned. He patted Solar at the back.

"So we have to play!" He cheered excitedly.

"SHHH"

Solar had the decency to shush him, fearing that Gempa might wake up. Their second eldest could be awakened even with the lowest frequencies and would run. Like a pigeon. Except that it was towards his brothers with a spoon equipped in hand and they both do not want their heads bonged right now.

Solar listened for any footsteps and drew a breath of relief again when he sensed none.

He focused on Thorn again and frowned. Thorn blinked at him and smiled innocently.

"Go back to sleep, Thorn. You can play with them tomorrow"

Thorn stared, the gears of his mind moving before coming to a decision.

"Okay"

He said before falling to the ground with a thump and then snored. Solar, too tired, took time to process what happened.

Did his brother just fell asleep right at that spot?
Yes, Thorn did.

The bum did not even make his way back to the bed! What was Solar supposed to do? He didn't want to get out of bed! Solar has attained the optimal sleeping position and he didn't want to sabotage it.

Solar heard footsteps and dreaded it.

A knock.

"Solar? Thorn?"

Solar slammed his face onto the pillow and slept.

Thorn can save himself tomorrow.

4.

Solar yawned as he made his way down the stairs. The smell of Gempas' fried rice has managed to arouse the dead and Solar was STARVING. He slipped his way into the kitchen to grab a glass as Api shoved water down his throat. Eyes tearing with unpleasant tears. Lips bulging red with an equally sweating face.

Solar glanced at the Pokka Ice lemon Tea bottle sitting near the fire elemental. Ah, no wonder, that's where his experiment went. He quickly grabbed the bottle and pocketed it for safekeeping. Api had just drank Solars' new hot sauce recipe for Gempa and Apis' taste buds are dying at the moment.

Solar made a quick reroute back to his room when he stumbled upon Gempa, who had his arms crossed.

"...Good morning?"

Gempa frowned harder. "Did you stay up all night?"

Solar gulped. Gempa had warned him from sleeping too late lest he take desirable actions. However, lying was wrong and Solar would never lie to his brother. It's below him.

"...No, I was not". Sometimes, Solar is hypocrite.

Gempa huffed a sigh, a knowing look in his eyes. A mischievous glint twinkled as he prepared himself to speak what Solar has dreaded all his life.

"You're grounded. No homework for you"

What "WHAT- Wait no Gempa please--"

>>>Do sent your headcanons. I'd be glad to write them. It's been a long time.