Chapter 33 - Sacrilege

Start from the beginning

Hopefully, this time, without a Witch's 'forbidden' and 'ancient' chants that served to disrupt and annoy, over dispelling any worries of the young boy plodding at their backs.

Many of these diverse rooms they stalked last held quite the variety of materials, from chambers of many more libraries and casual resting space, to one's of cleanly transparent cases, containing many treasures of the lands. Either way, none were of interest to the group, that continued along coiling corridors.

"I'll finish this quick."

Fist crumpled metal with the gasps of a bruising pain, as Eizen plowed another shattering fist into the stomach of a heaving royal swordfighter. Snapping a wrist as he stepped past, before slamming a winding hook to flail the guard into a pillar; its marbled white crumbling upon the fallen body.

"Dark and light! Bright Shade!"

With a whisk of fluttering parchment, they writhed in a coalescence of sputtering miasma and a blinding, heavenly glare. A pair of soaring orbs rushed forth, their swirling combination of seething violet and boiling gold struck another in a douse of power. The outmatched guardsmen relented to a collapse, scorched and marred by the young malak's surprising power.

Crack!

And another body, the final corpse, fell from the Therion's bone-rattling kick that had buckled the lancer's collar. Toppling over with choked, gurgling gasps, the man laid silent and motionless as the woman held this balance for the moment; awaiting any signal to finish this poor soul, but found none. Velvet's boot clacked to the side, as the group collectively looked upon a much grander entryway compared to the many others they had come across.

"Look, if we go in there and all... catch fire or something, it's your fault."

Passing an eye roll and stern nod of readying to all except one, the daemoness stepped through and parted its hefty doorway and finally peered upon one, trailing pathway of gilded turquoise carpet, sliding along and up against a much similar passage before the worship hall. Symbolic engravings of religious history passed at their sides with tireless columns, preceeding the reverent altar they would soon intrude upon by their corrupted presence.

Soon enough, she forced the doors open, to unveil the bare hall they wished to find. Above this pious altar, did the vivid gleams of sunlight splice through its stained glass. At the sides of this grand chamber, many pews of a dark spruce lined the far reaches; corner to corner, all remaining empty. The only singular sign of life, was a sold figure kneeling at the very end of this praised altar, completely adorned in crisp white, accepted amber cassock and a tall biretta. Or, what seemed to be the only soul within.

As Velvet made to pounce forth and deliver this brutal judgement - righteous or not - a hand of similar cloth to her own gently palmed the shoulder. She turned with a narrowed look, before the half-malak that hovered by gained the undivided attention of the group. Two motions, one finger pointed downwards, and a raised hand of five fingers. Nodding in understanding yet with a lazed eye roll at the situation, the daemon knew full well of the meaning, and placed a single finger to her lips, before stepping forwards brazenly. A mere glance was all she spared to the pair of shadowed openings at the side of the suspected priest.

The distinct jangling and clinks of the woman's chains and beltwear was by no means silent, and at their unbothered approach she could catch the mild stiffening of their targets praying posture. There was no point in attempting a quiet assassination at this stage, he will die her way. Boot clicks muffled by the rolled out carpet below, Velvet let her dark tone flood the reverberating hall. "Are you Gideon?" she bluntly questioned, knowing full well it could only be him.