𝐎𝐍𝐄

    HER ARMS STRAIN, the clashing of blue and purple illuminating her sweat-slicked face. A small grunt falls from her lips as she shoves her arms out, causing the attacker to stumble back. Using the last of her stamina, she flips back and creates distance from them, chest heaving and eyes glinting in irritation. She didn't have much recovery time because in an instant the opposition had swiped her feet. A small thud echoed the room as she made impact on the hard tile floor, followed by the buzzing of the lightsaber hoving right over her neck. Frustration clogged her throat at her defeat, lips curling to a scowl.

"And you're dead," Anakin huffed, turning off his lightsaber and stepping back. His eyes meet Maya's indignant ones, lips pursing. She was eerily similar to him as he grew to be an adolescent, and he knew that wasn't as good of a thing as he would hope. She was easily tempered, never serious, and quite spiteful. As she grew to be a teenager, the seventeen-year-old struggled to convey her emotions, as a result leading to her fighting to be aggressive and more on the offensive than defensive.

"No, really?" Maya huffed, voice dripping with sarcasm. She was tired. From working out to lightsaber training, she just wanted to go to sleep. It didn't help that her dad did everything in his power to make sure she didn't win the duel. The cool tile felt good on her heated skin, and her eyes shut for a brief moment. Her body was covered in sweat, her ponytail a mess, and her mood ruined. "Dad, we've been at this for like five hours. I think that's enough for the day, no?"

"It's only been two hours, Cheeks," Anakin chuckles at his daughter's overdramatic. But, even to this day, Maya always got what she wanted from him. He sighs, and crosses his arms, "Fine, we're done, but—"

He didn't get to finish before Maya had sprinted out of the room. She knew her dad well enough to know that he'd give her some sort of training homework, so if she wasn't in the room when he assigned it, she wouldn't have to do it. Or at least she hoped so.