"n-no he can't remove that" Ankur's mother shouted gaining everyones attention.
"I mean it's our ritual the groom will not remove it until the wedding is done " she said and covered it with a smile.

"but we have rituals too" said irika's aunt
"it's okay Didi let it be" said irika's mother and welcomed them inside.

Soon the rituals started to take place, and the ritual of exchanging garlands came, Ankur was on Stage sitting there and waiting for his bride.

Irika was walking down the aisle with her head low. Soon she reached near the stage and Groom got up and forwarded his hand as told by his parents.

Irika took his hand and held it, she felt very different. Even on their engagement Ankur held her hand but it didn't felt like that.

She felt shivers running down her spine when their skins came in contact but she shrugged it off as she thought maybe it's because of their big day.

Soon they were standing in front of each other with garlands in their hands, Abheera made him wear the garland first. And then he made her wear the garland after her.

After that ritual everyone told groom and bride to have dinner together.

"no" Ankur's mother said
"actually they can not eat in same room until they are married" she said to which everyone nodded and they took Ankur with them.

After a while the bride was changed into a beautiful yellow Saree for upcoming rituals, she then came to mandap where ankur was already sitting and she sat next to him.

Soon the pandit ji started to chant mantras, the pandit ji told Ankur to forward his hand and he did and after that pandit ji told irika to place her hand on top of him.

She placed her hand on his, her hands were shivering and sweating, maybe because she was very nervous for the new start and was being anxious.

The groom noticed that his bride was shivering and from behind he enterwined his fingers into her, it did decreased her anxiety a little bit.

The pandit ji then told them

"you may fill the partition of brides hair with vermilion" the pandit ji said. Irika's cousin pulled up the Vail for him and then he filled her hair partition while some of vermilion fell on her nose.

"that's holy" irika's aunt exclaimed at the vermilion falling on her nose and everyone smiled.

He then made her wear the mangalsutra and they were announced couple. They both got up and took the blessings of elders.

"beta now you can remove that sehera, right?! " Irika's aunt asked
Irika glanced at her husband who didn't reacted at all.

Irika's family looked at Ankur's family for an answer as groom didn't reacted at all.

"can we talk in alone??" Ankur's mother whispered in Irika's mother's ear to which she gave her a confused look.

And then agreed. Irika's mother and father followed Ankur's father and Ankur's mother dragged Irika and Ankur towards the room in which Irika was.