Chapter 2

Grace's POV;

I watched the house owner going back to her home, standing alone in the yard in this storm. I turned my head to my home and my eyes fell upon the balcony of my room.

I stared at there, the pitch black darkness hovered over it. Though nothing could be seen, but it felt like there is something lurking around in the dark and my eyes are staring at it.

Anyone would say I am staring into nothing but my eyes are staring at one place, as if they detected something or someone.

The storm was getting stronger and wilder, I was left with no choice but to go back to my home.

With steady steps, I went towards the door and opened it slowly. Nothing but darkness welcomed me. The eerie ambience is still present, as if it was waiting for me to place my step inside.

I took a deep breath and went inside without making any noise. The lightnings and thunders were still going on, killing the silence.

I went to the kitchen and lit three candles up. I kept one at the table in the living room and the other two were in my hand.

I went upstairs holding the candles to go to my room. My heart was pounding so hard as if it's going to burst anytime soon.

I looked around my room just in case and stepped forward. Placing the candles, I went towards the balcony. The wind hit my drenched clothes and I shivered.

I quickly went to my room and took some clothes to change. After showering and changing my clothes, I went to bed. Many strange incidents happened today and I didn't want to think about them anymore.

I closed my eyes and slowly the sleep engulfed me. The rest of the night passed by like that. Thunders and lightnings kept striking, the wild storm kept going on.

Everything became cold due to the wind and rain. The white curtains of the window and balcony kept flowing in the air and the blonde beauty was covered in blanket, sleeping peacefully.

And at the dark corner of the room, a pair of glowing green eyes was staring at her.

Author's POV;

Around 8 a.m, a soft yawn escaped from Grace's lips as she stretched her limbs. She woke up and looked around her room. Everything was normal, as if nothing happened last night.

She decided to talk about it with Evelyn. She couldn't convince herself that it was all because of watching a horror movie.

In the afternoon, she called Evelyn to tell everything about last night.

[ On Call ]

“Hello, beauty!”

“Hey girlie, how're you doing?”

“I'm doing good! What bout' ya?”

“I'm not doin' well. For past two days, very weird and unusual things are happening with me.”

“What? Tell me everything.”

Grace started to explain everything to Evelyn from the start.

“First of all, how are you even alive? I mean all these were hella scary. On top of that you are telling me all these now? Seriously?”

“I was scared, Evelyn. Every second feels threatening as if anytime anything will jump on me.”

“Calm down girl and listen to me. Get out of your house for the rest of the day. One of our friends has hosted a party in the evening. You should come to the party.”