Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

I looked down at the envelope I was holding. I wanted to continue reading but I also didn't. I wanted to know more about the man whose life I ended but then I would know him and it would be harder to reduce the feeling of guilt that was burning inside me.

"He did not have a family, all dead. No spouse, no offspring."

I let out a deep breath, it was sort of a relief to hear that. There would be no family waiting to hear back from him, searching for him and having no answers or closure. My action wouldn't impact anyone else, especially not innocent people.

"Thank you for this." I whispered as I handed the envelope back to him. "And for getting Luca to talk to me."

"Did he touch you?"

"Seriously! Why would Luca touch me?"

"To comfort you." Vladamir answered. "Did he?"

I let out a sigh. "No he didn't. Luca is a gentleman."

A frown graced Vladamir's face. "What did he discuss with you?"

I hesitated. I didn't want to divulge into Luca's past without his permission. "It was about what this man did to his mate when she was young and what he did after that."

"So killing a man with his bare hands at the age of 17 makes one a gentleman?" Vladamir questioned looking at me like I was crazy.

He was 17? So that meant his mate was only 14 at the time. That poor girl.

"No." I told Vladamir, trying not to think about what happened to Luca's mate. "Just in general, he seems like a nice guy, a good guy."

"Hmm." Vladamir simply responded.

"He didn't mean to and he was avenging his future mate." I defended Luca and my reasons why I thought he was a good man. "Do you even remember the first time you did it?"

A sadistic smile appeared on Vladamir's face. "Yes."

"See that's the difference between you too, he feels regret and guilt whereas you look like you enjoyed it and don't regret it at all!"

"I do not regret it, I am glad I killed the bastard." Vladamir looked proud of himself as it he had done a good deed.

"You're sick. Why did you kill him, did he annoy you? Did you feel like it? You kill people so easily."

Vladamir narrowed his eyes. "He hurt my sister."

My mouth flew open. "You had a sister?"

"Her face went like yours, like a blowfish, and she did not talk for days. So I found the bastard, broke every bone in his body and killed him. I do not regret it, no one hurts my family and remains alive."

I stared at him in shock. "I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"I am not a 'nice guy, a good guy', I never have been and I never will be. I am what I am Leanne, you need to accept that."

I felt like a twat. "I'm sorry." I got out of bed and went over to him. "I didn't know you had a sister."

Every Lycan had such a hard, traumatic and tragic past. It's easy to remember that for some of them like Luca who lost his mate and child or Victoria who lost her children but for some like Vladamir it was easy to forget the pain and heartbreak they went through.

Maybe Vladamir wasn't always like this, maybe what happened to him and his family made him like this? He had to become this to protect himself and from what he said he loved his family and protected them.

I gently placed my hands in his. "You never talk about your family."

"You have never asked."

The truth in his answer had me reeling back. He was right, I had never asked him about his family, his life when they were alive or even his life before all Lycans came to this country for Nina and Gabriel.

"Will you tell me about them?" I asked softly.

"I have." Vladamir's tone was cold.

"No, you haven't." I told him trying to recall when he might have done.

"After we mated I gave you a book that contained details about my family and our history."

My eyes widened as I realised he was right, that was his way of giving telling me about his family. Maybe he didn't know how to start the conversation and thought once I read it I would ask him about it.

He's mentioned this a couple of times now which would suggest that he actually wanted to me read it and know more about him. This was his way of communicating about his life with me.

"I don't know what else to say except for I'm sorry." I said quietly. "I have no excuse or reason as to why I haven't read it." At least not any valid ones.

"Will you tell me about them?" I tried again, trying to make eye contact with him.

"I am a busy man Leanne, I do not have time to dwell on the past." Vladamir removed his hand from mine and began walking away. "And you have made it very clear that you are not interested."

"I am interested." I trailed after him, tugging on his arm so he would stop walking. "Vladamir, wait."

Vladamir turned around and faced me. I took in a deep breath and began to tell him how I was feeling.

"I'm trying. I didn't before but I am now. Is it too late? Can we make this work?" I asked gesturing between us.

Though Vladamir didn't say anything I continued. "I think...I want this to work."

I wasn't in love with him, I don't think I was close to feeling anything like that towards him but as much as I hate to admit it, even to myself I was feeling something for him. Something other than lust.

"Do you want this to work? Do you want us to work?" I slowly asked him as I waited with bated breath for his response.

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter

What do you make of Vladamir and Leah's relationship? 

Do you think he wants their relationship to work too?

Let me know what you think is going to happen next

I will try and upload again in a few days but you can read the story on www.patreon.com/kayy_b

Thank you for reading :)

-Kayy xx