5 ☾⋆。°✩

Lain's Pov:

Today Soren has a meeting with a neighboring kingdom, he decided to bring me along with him. My joy is simply never ending.

This is a pretty big deal because I get to show off my favorite dress and I get to see free entertainment in front of my very own eyes. Right now I'm applying a white powder to some of my eyelashes to make me look bright. I already tinted my lips and put my short locks in two pigtails, I used lacey ribbons to tie them up.

"Soren!" I yell. He was currently stuffing his face in my kitchen. I hear the sound of his large footsteps rushing towards me. He slams the door open and his face looks worried beyond belief. I cant stifle my laugh when I see the cookie crumbs around his lips.

"I'm alright, dear. Just come over here." I usher him with my hand. when he stands by my side I reach up to wipe the crumbs from his lips. Once I'm done I place the four white flowers in his hand. His kind eyes drift from the flowers to my face twice.

"These are pretty, baby. Don't get me wrong, but what am I supposed to do with them?" He asks me softly afraid I'll take it the wrong way. Deciding to make his day a wee bit harder I furrow my brows and get glossy eyed.

"You don't want them? I'm sorry they're ugly aren't they? I can take them bac-" I say sadly already reaching out my hand to his open palm.

"No! they're exquisite, I was being dense. Don't worry." He cuts me off quickly takes one and puts it between his hair and his ear while trying to console me. His tall and brooding stature seemingly softened with the flower. My bottom lip quivers and I try my hardest to hold in the monumental laugh I want to release but I fail tragically.

I'm leaning against the table clutching my stomach as my body shakes with delight. I hear him scoff behind me before laughing along. When my reaction dims I tell him to help me place the remaining buds in my hair. I let him keep the one in his. we're matching.

'You look heavenly." He takes my hand and twirls me around slowly. My smile beams. I wore a white babydoll dress with lace detailing and some frilly socks. I let go of his hand and lean down to slip on some white shiny flats.

"Does it look like I fell from a cloud and landed in a bucket of milk?" I ask him seriously.

"No...? yes?" He searches my face to clue himself on the answer I'm looking for. I only smile and walk to my vanity. He had freshened up with a bath but he still needed to change his clothes and such. He told me once we reached the palace while he was getting ready I was free to explore the library. After a long moment of silence that lasted while I put on my jewelry and perfume I turn to him.

"Thank you for the compliment earlier." I say bashfully.

"You're welcome."

❂❂❂❂❂

After the tumulus ride to the palace and the open gawking at me and Soren when we traversed the place we finally found ourselves in front of a large door decked with intricate detailing. And there was a short little man looking glum in front of us.

"Your Majesty, we have been searching for you for almost two hours!" The short mans high pitched voice says while he throws his hands up in exasperation. His pudgy stomach peeks out of the fancy vest he's wearing and the round glasses on his face raise as his mouth opens revealing shiny white teeth.

"I got carried away. I do apologize, Chester."  Soren says to the man with sincerity. The man just scoffs and continues his rambling.

"How many times do I have to tell you to be here on time, I get it you're the king so you have all this control but have pity on me, sire! All I ask is for you to be punctual. You need things to be in order! follow the schedule, follow the schedule!" He takes in a large breath of air and uses his handkerchief to dab his forehead.

I look towards Soren in amusement him being scolded by someone who doesn't even reach half his height. I lean in and tell him to follow the schedule before puffing up my face in mock anger. He grins before using one of his hands to take hold of my cheeks. I swat it away and step away from him causing him to chuckle.

While Chester is still ranting and pacing Soren tells me to head into the room on the other side of this grand looking doorway. I do as he says and sidestep the short man, through this whole encounter he hadn't as much as even glanced at me. I hear them walking down the hallway and Chester continuing his lecture with Soren adding apologetic words in.

Looking around the room I notice it's precise, clean, and expensive looking furniture. the windows pan all the way to the ceiling and the curtains sway like a waterfall. It smell's like Soren and a mellow fragrance. Everything is in perfect condition. I lean down and get on my hands and knees hoping to at least see a speck of dust but the cold marble only winks my reflection back at me.

"wow." I mutter.

Once I see the bed I run into its awaiting arms. When my body flops against it it bounces me up in the air and I fall back down with a thump. I continue to do this and each time try and lift myself higher.

"Oh! I can come back at another time!" I hear a new voice speak and the sound of the door swiping open. The fear that seizes me causes me to shriek and fall to the ground. I eject myself upwards and sweep my hands down my dress. Clearing my throat I address the person speaking.

"Sorry, um now is fine." I painfully say. The embarrassment is too much so I sink down to my knees and clutch my face. "Gag me with a spoon, please." I press my hands into my burning hot face. The feminine voice giggles in response. This is no laughing matter, my dignity and ability to ever show my face again is on the line.

"Don't worry, I wont tell the king." She walks towards me and places a cold hand on my shoulder.

"Really?" I ask looking up at her through my fingers. My voice comes out weary and doleful.

"Yes, I wont lie and tell you I don't also have the urge to bounce on this fine looking bed too." She says but her focus isn't really on me. Her eyes stare longingly at the bed.

Slowly I pick myself back up; a burning desire bubbling in me.

"Do you...want to join me?" I ask her slowly with a deep sense of hope. Her blue eyes snap towards mine and pleasure that can only found on a woman's face makes it's way onto hers.

"Yes, of course I do.  Do promise me not to fib." She holds my hands in hers and begs me feverishly. I nod my head excitedly. She lets go and slides her shoes off. We race to climb onto the bed and the cheerful sounds of laughter float throughout the room. I was sure with how loud we were it probably sounded through the halls. Occasionally we join hands and dance around or we grab hold of pillows and charge at each other with them. I feel a strong sense of childlike joy.

Through our silly play I learned her name was Anastasia and she works at the palace as a maid and kitchen helper. When we would run out of breath we'd flop down and giggle while singing the songs that played at Forestfort bar.

I had always wanted to find a friend that could be like a long lost sister to me. I craved that intimate connection of girlhood that I would read about giddily in my favorite books. Something warm in me told me that I was going to find it in Anastasia.

❂❂❂❂❂

Yay! I finished another chapppterrr!1@! Im rushing this authors note cuz I have to do some chores ٩(× ×)۶.

I think I also like this chapter (Yippie!) Let me know what you think about it and if you have any feedback. I love how Lain gets to connect with her childish side and experience friendship :,)

Please vote!! you've made it this far might as well! it truly is motivating. (SO ARE COMMENTS <3) Thank you for reading, Ily!

(。•̀ᴗ-)✧