Chapter 21 - Almost

Começar do início

"Lei!"

Thank goodness you're here!

"You look like a fright, sit down and eat i prepared some spam sandwiches"

"Did someone came here?"

"Uhm, n-no?"

"You're lying"

"Y-yeah.. actually Ingrid came here and told me to stay away from you because you're a.. some sort of uhm.. a killer, but i already got rid of her"

"What else?"

"I told her to leave that's all"

"Ok let's eat"

Z's POV

*doorbell rings*

It's probably Lei.. i went to open the door without looking at the intercom

"Lei whe-- Ingrid?! What the hell are you doing here?!"

"Don't worry di ako magtatagal, i just want you to take a look at this"

She handed out an envelope and when i opened it i saw some files.. records of transaction of drugs?! Rifles?! holy shit! This is illegal

"What the fvck is this? And why the hell are you showing this to me?!"

"Take a look at the name above and the signature below, oh and don't forget to take a look at the name printed on each column"

Ashe Lei Michaelis?! W-wait n-no.. this can't be! She's not one of these org! I-it's definitely her signature.. no! This is not true! Ingrid's just trying to destroy her image!

"Wag na wag mong sisiraan si Lei. Leave"

"Are you sure you don't wanna know more about her? These are some photos.. and my contact number, call me when you change your mind"

The she left..

I take a look at those photos.. it's really Lei.. this can't be done by a photoshop..

Lei's phone calls.. everytime she's having a phone call and speaks in Japanese.. her gun.. is it really for self defense?

What the hell Z?! Are you fvcking doubting her?!

Shit! My mind won't rest until i know the truth!

To: Ingrid Carter +639123456789

Starbucks, 10PM.

Message Sent

One Message Recieved

From: Ingrid Carter

I knew you'd call me.
I'll see you later then.

I lied.. i'm sorry Lei.. i need to know who exactly you are..

I'm going to meet Ingrid at 10pm.. when she went here she showed me files of Lei's transactions, not just an ordinary transactions but a drug, rifle and other sorts of illegal transactions and photos of her with some sort of sniping rifle shit.

"Z.."

"Hey Z?"

"Oh? What? I'm sorry"

"You're spacing out, what's wrong?"

"N-nothing.. can we perhaps uhm, go to the mall?"

"That's new, why?"

You need to get tired so that you won't notice if i leave