Chapter 47

The Dursley's appeared on screen sitting round the dinner table. The occupants of the room watched as the insulted Lily and James and Harry inflating Aunt Marge. They sat and watched as Harry left the house and a few people glared at Dumbledore for Harry's treatment. They saw the subsequent meeting with the stray dog that made Sirius frown and his confusion got greater as he watched. Harry could see out the corner of his eye Hermione writing furiously as they watched. Ron was confused but watched sometimes laughing at his own actions. The twins on the other hand were joking and heckling as they had done at the cinema. They all watched as he met Moony on the train with Ron and Hermione, and the gasped with horror when they could hear a woman scream. For the next hour or two they watched in horrid fascination at what Harry had been through. Everyone laughed as Hermione punched Draco even Draco. They gasped in all the right places when wormtail was revealed and Snape was knocked unconscious. Molly was aghast with terror when Remus transformed. And everyone was raging at Harry's treatment at Fudge's hands. Once the memory had stopped Harry paused things and called for a break.
Ron and Hermione were on him in a second and dragged him into a corner.
"What the hell?" Ron asked.
"Harry what did we just watch?" Hermione asked.
"I told you these are my memories. Look it won't make sense yet but it will soon I promise and what ever questions you have I will answer once we are done I swear it ok?" Harry said tiredly. Watching that was bad and he knew it wasn't the worst ones the worst were yet to come.
After assuring everyone that it was ok they settled in to watch the next set of memories. Harry started the day before the Quidditch World Cup. They all had good laughs at what they remembered but when the screams came they all looked at Harry confused. They watched as everything was destroyed and the Weasley's return home. When it got to Harry's name being pulled out of the cup Sirius was enraged no one stood up for Harry and they all just let it happen. The teasing and those damn badges had the twins asking why Draco couldn't come up with anything better. Watching the tasks and the whole Rita Skeeter debacle had them gasping and laughing and outraged in equal turns. When the last task was revealed Cedric said he seemed to have a clearer route than he did. As the cup portkeyed Harry away he closed his eyes and tried to block out all noise as he knew what was coming. Voldemort's voice sunndenly ringing out "Kill the spare." Had chills running down Harry's back. Cedric jumped up and was noticeably distraught.
"Sorry Cedric but yeah you just died." Harry said turning to him. Harry was almost overcome with the grief he felt.
"Ok well how am I even here then if these are tour memories?" He asked.
"Did you not hear Miss Granger in the last memory?" Unspeakable Croaker asked. "Terrible thing happen to wizards who meddle in time."
The memory started again and they watched Voldemort's resurrection and the subsequent fight. Harry's parents and Cedric coming out of the wand.
"Prior incantato" Croaker whispered softly.
They watched as Harry brought Cedric's body back and was ignored by minister Fudge and made out to be crazy. The memory ended once Harry boarded the hogwarts express.
Instead of a break Harry dived straight in to fifth year. The demntors attack passed with a snarl from Sirius and they watched on as Harry was rescued and his farce of a trial the pink menace that is Umbitch and her torture of Harry in detentions. Percy's exit from the family had many upset including Percy himself. Ron being named keeper and Hagrids giant brother brought laughs. The DA made many people laugh as Ron got knocked on his arse by Hermione and Sirius said he was proud of him for the patronus lesson. Chrismas and the saving of Arthur that Harry was still not taking credit for. The meeting of the Longbottoms in St mungos and the overheard conversation had harry getting strange looks from many in the room. The bogart had many crying as Molly's faers were revealed. The terrible occlumency lessons from Snape had Sirius glued to his seat. The discovery of Snape's memory and the conversation with Sirius and Remus nade them feel a little guilty. Hermione's quill was still going furiously. Dumbledore's exit from the school and the Weasley's following in spectacular style. Once the exams started Harry visibly tensed and Ginny found he had a death grip on her hand.
Once Harry had the vision of Sirius and Harry's rush to save him many of the adults noticed how quiet he was being. As they saw him being captured by Umbitch and their foray into the forest and their flight to London. The fight in the Ministry had Amelia asking where the nightwatchmen were and was it that easy to break into the place? When Sirius fell through the veil and Harry had to be restrained had most tearing up and Sirius gripped hos old friends arm as he watched him struggle to stay on control. The fight between Dumbledore and Voldemort had them wondering just how powerful Albus was. Harry's possession had Sirius reaching to hug him. And once Harry landed in the headmaster's office Dumbledore tried to say something but a look from Harry stopped him. They all gasped at the prophecy and Ginny nearly broke Harry's hand. No words were spoken as the 6th year memory began. Dumbledore arriving at the Dursley's, Amelia was startled at the news of her death. Kreacher's reluctance to serve and Harry's stay at the burrow. Fleur's engagement had both of them blushing. Harry's suspicions about Draco and the terrible train ride. Harry's broken nose. The disastrous Qudditch tryouts Snape as defence professor. The private lessons with Dumbledore and Slughorn's club. Many laugh at Harry's futile attempts to retrieve the memory from Professor Slughorn. And the confusion over the potions book had many questioning who's book it was.
"I do hope you did not cast any spells from that book  Mr Potter-Black." Severus said serverly.
"One or two and dont worry sir I  soon learned my lesson." Harry replied. They all laughed as Ron was levitated out of his bed. Ron took some serious ribbing from the twins over his relationship with Lavender. Snape and Draco were shocked by their actions and Harry using a dark spell. Draco felt a wave of disappointment that he had willingly taken the dark mark. Snape was taken aback at Harry's cunning and ability to lie to his face. Ginny blushed and the twins whistled and hooted as they kissed. Hagrid was in tears at the death of his old friend Aragog and Harry was complemented on his getting the memory. All too soon Harry was standing on a rock in the sea beside Dumbledore. Once the locket had been retrieved Harry stopped the memory and said. "What happens next is sure to get you all upset and angry. But rest assured it is not what it seems. There was a plan in place that I was not aware of at the time. Things will be explained in the next memory."
They watched as Harry and Dumbledore rushed to astronomy Tower and everyone was silent as they saw Draco hesitate and Snape's seeming betrayal. The subsequent conversation with Professor Mcgonagall and the funeral had many weeping until Albus spoke up.
"Well I never knew I was so well liked. " He said lightly. "I must thank Fawkes he did a marvelous job on my tomb."
The memory ended andfor the longest time no one spoke. Harry was sat with his head down and couldn't look at anyone. Eventually Professor Mcgonagall said we should have some food before the next memory. It was agreed and the house elfs were called and food was brought though no one except maybe Ron could eat much of anything.
Cedric was still in shock that he died. Fleur was looking at what was to be her future husband in a new light. Bill was trying not to stare at the blond beauty that he would apparently be engaged to. The parents and most of the older order members were sat in a group trying to make sense at what they had seen.
Unspeakable Croaker sat glaring at Dumbledore in a contemplative mood, the knowledge that Albus had kept to himself. Did he not realise that the Unspeakables could have helped enormously. Had Riddle's true identity things would have been much different during the war. Lily Potter was herself training to become an Unspeakable before she had to go into hiding. The hooded figure watched the glares that others had thrown the old man chuckling to himself. Albus was in for a rude awakening after things were done.
Ginny sat with all the other kids. How could things have been this bad. How could Dumbledore let things like this happen. And most importantly how were they going to pay the old coot back for the pain he has put Harry through. Catching the twins eyes  they grinned, as Ginny nodded towards Harry and then the headmaster. They began whispering furiously to each other.
Severus sat next to Draco and Narcissisa he couldn't believe he had killed Albus. Sure he didn't always agree with the man but to take his life? Why? He only hoped Po- no Harry could provide the answers.
The small groups were talking in hushed voices and when it became apparent that no one was really eating much  Professor Mcgonagall addressed the room.
"If we are all done with food then I suppose we must continue."
They all gathered back towards the screen and as soon as they settled the memories began anew.