Chapter 12

Harry could see a pile of gold and shelves of books and a crate containing apon further inspection as paintings.
"You cannot remove any gold but the books and paintings are yours." Said the goblin from the door. "The bookshelf should contain a index grimoire. You can remove that and it transform into any book from the shelves."
"Ah thank you Griphook I've found it." Said Harry pulling a book from the shelf. " Dobby could you place this book and the paintings in the chest for me."
"Yes master." Said Dobby shrinking the crate and levitating it into the chest. Once that was done they left the vault and it closed behind them. As they made their way back to the cart Griphook said "There should be an index grimoire in with all the books in each vault."
"That makes things simpler and alot less for Dobby to carry." Harry replied.
The next trip was considerably shorter than the last. Exiting the cart they walked passed another dragon this one looking healthier than the last.
"The Peverell vault." Griphook announced at the gilded door. "As before press you ring to the depression and open the door." Harry did as he was told and saw a larger amount of gold a smaller bookshelf and a two large crate of paintings. Grabbing the index grimoire and Dobby again shrinking the paintings the left to move on to the next vault. The ride to the next vault was longer than the last and Harry remembered the place they stopped as close to the Lestrange vault. In fact they passed the dragon that Harry had set free in the old future (as he had begun to think of it in his head). After they passed the dragon he could see the Lestanges vault was opened but Griphook turned him in another direction. He hoped that this meant 5he Cup would soon be cleansed.
"The Black vault." Griphook announced as they stopped at an ornate and over the top gilded door. As the entered ahrry could see a large amount of gold and boxes upon boxes of what he supposed were antiques and paintings bookshelves lined one wall. Finding the grimoire Harry passed it to Dobby and left seeking nothing else. Passing by the dragon again Harry could see the guards of Chief Ragnarok getting onto an ornate cart larger than he had seen before. As the cart moved away Harry and Dobby were ushered into the cart to the Potter vault. The ride was fairly short, within seconds they were outside the Potter vault.
"This time Mr Potter the vault is blood locked as both your parents wished upon their last visit. Please allow me." The goblin stepped towards the door and asked. "Your hand please." He said withdrawing a dagger.
"Do not be alarmed it just requires a drop of blood." He said when Harry started at the sight of the knife. "I was heal it as soon as I am done."
Harry nodded and Griphook pressed the dagger to his finger. As soon as he had drop he removed the knife and healed the finger with a wave of his hand. The goblin then ran the blade down the door, it glowed gold for a moment and with a click the doors began to open. Harry had thought that the pile of gold in the Black vault was huge but this one was even bigger, not quite so many books but lots of trunks and shelves of antiques. Books packed in boxes and painting lined the walls. Many of the paintings were sleeping but near the front were four that were looking at him. Harry's heart leapt his mum and dad stared down at him.
"Harry." Called a voice he had heard only in his dreams.
"Mum, Dad it's good to see you." Said Harry.
"You certainly look like a Potter." Said an older man next to his father.
"Harry why are you so old?" His mother asked. "Why didn't Sirius bring you earlier?"
"I will explain everything later." Harry said looking at Griphook. "Can I remove these from the wall?" He asked the goblin.
"Yes Mr Potter your elf should be able to remove them." Griphook said.
"Thanks" said Harry "Dobby please place them in the trunk."
"Before you do that son there are two letters that your mum and I left for you, they are in our school trunks take them with you please." Said James as Dobby took them from the walls.
"Don't you forget about us." Said the elderly woman one over from James. Before Harry could say anything Dobby levitated them off the wall. Grabbing the index grimoire and the trunks they left the vault.
The bone shaking, stomach rattling ride back was shorter than the ride down but longer than he would have liked. Thanking Griphook for his help whilst fighting the implus to be sick was not easy for Harry. He led Dobby back to his room and left Dobby to guard his trunks so he could get a well needed drink. He was about to order a drink when he spotted Malfoy and his father sitting in the corner. Harry made his way to the opposite side of the room to avoid them. Luck was on his side as they left quickly and disappeared in a flash of green fire.
Finishing his drink with several people being chased off by Tom so he could drink in peace. Once he was done he went out to the alley and made his way to various shops purchasing a few things along the way. At Florish and Blotts he brought the runes books he would need for this year and Arithmancy he would have to write to Professor Mcgonagall when he got back. Stomach rumbling he made his way back to his room and Dobby fed him a late lunch the day was going quicker than he thought. Writing to his teacher and sending the letter off with Hedwig, who was really getting good exercise this summer he pulled out his homework to do until dinner. Chatting with Dobby whilst doing his work meant he got it done quicker than normal. Charms and Transfiguration was done and he had made a start on potions. After dinner Harry instructed Dobby to remove his parents paintings from the trunk and place them on the wall. He soon learned that the other two were his grandmother and grandfather, so they went on the walls as well. The evening was spent swapping stories (not the full story for Harry), and it was soon late at night. For the first time Harry could remember his mother voice sang him too sleep.