Chapter 15

Waking covered in sweat and shaking Harry used every technique he had ever been taught to try and get some semblance of order back to his mind. Washing and dressing trying to ignore his shaking hands, seated on the bed Harry tried to meditate. But his thoughts would not settle, there was to much riding on this if all went well Sirius would be properly free soon. Fudge would be a problem he was such a wet blanket, easily led by anyone. But perhaps Harry could use that to his advantage. Harry could almost hear Hermione's voice telling him to keep calm and plan carefully. A plan began to form in Harry's mind, puff up the twit make him a hero of justice and a righter of wrongs. Yes that could work on him, he could even offer to make a statement  to the daily profit in favour of the Minister. Harry was so deep in thought that he didn't notice Remus arrive until he shook Harry's shoulder calling his name. Harry jumped and went to pull his wand until he saw it was Remus.
"Oh hi sorry about that I guess I am just nervous for today." Harry apologised. "Is it time to leave already."
"No its still a bit early." Remus replied mildly suprised at the speed Harry had pulled his wand. "Have you eaten yet?"
"Master is you and Mr wolfie wanting breakfast?"said  Dobby popping to Harry's side.
"Yes please Dobby something quick and light please we have to leave for the ministry soon." He replied.
As they eat Harry outlined his plan to Remus. They would feed Fudge just enough compliments to sweeten things to get him on their side. Harry mentioned Augusta Longbottom was a powerful person in the wizengamot and he said that we should try to get her on our side. She was know for being a upholder of justice and truth. As they made their way down to the floo Harry heard his name being called.
"Mr Potter."Said the strictest tone he had ever heard it was one the could never be ignored and one to instantly protect yourself from. "Good you haven't left yet I will join you if you don't mind." Augusta Longbottom was a commanding figure not to be cowed by anyone. They readily agreed as she would be a great asset to the cause.
Stumbling from the floo Harry was almost overcome with memories flashing through his head. Sirius falling through the veil, Bellatrix laughing and the pain of Voldemort's possession. Pushing his emotions down and locking them up tight he let himself be guided towards the security desk between Remus and Augusta. Once through the checks they went to Madam Bones's office. There they met her secretary who informed them that the meeting would take place in the Minister's office she would escort them right away.
After a tortuous ride on the lifts to the top floor Harry was pleasantly surprised to see that Fudge was waiting for him. After being ushered into the office they sat and Amelia asked.
"Do you have the copy of the will Mr Potter?" As Harry handed it over she began to speak to the minister. "As you can see this is an authentic copy of the Potter's will. I was asked to attend the reading yesterday and was shocked to discover that not only was it not followed but that it proved the innocence of Sirius Black also that Mr Potter was placed with the wrong guardians. As you can see in the sections I have highlighted."
Fudge looked over the papers read them several times and finally looked up appalled, he open and closed his mouth a few times. Harry ceased on this opportunity and spoke.
"I hope you can help me minister I really don't want to go back to the Dursley's." He said sadly looking down and hunching his shoulders. Putting on a very good display of vulnerability. Fudge for his part gave Harry a calculating look, seeming to be weighing the pro's and con's of each side of the situation.
"Of course you won't even if your godfather was proved guilty I would have you placed with one of the people on this list." Fudge said quickly keenly remembering the report from the obloviation squad sent to his house. What had these muggles done to this boy he wondered. Judging by the the papers something had gone seriously wrong, and it seemed he had a chance to right it. If only Dumbledore was in the country his advice could be invaluable here.Looking at the three others in the office, Cornelius knew two out of the three were very powerful and he had to be careful. As intimidated as he was by them he could either lose of gain here, and Cornelius Fudge hated to lose. Making up his mind and hoping it wouldn't bite him in the arse later.
"It appears that my predecessor made a grevious error and I would have to ask you both to correct it." He said looking from Madam Bones to Madam Longbottom. "I will call an emergency session of the wizengamot this Monday, will that give you enough time to collect the correct information?" Fudge's eyes gleamed at the relieved response from Harry, he had got The Boy Who Lived on his side.
"Yes it should but how will we find Black we cannot have a trial without him?" Amelia said. They all seemed to ponder this.
"Would the heir of the house of Black be able to command the Black elves?" Harry asked.
"They should Mr Potter." Said Augusta. "Why do you ask you know they can be overridden by the master's command."
"Well I am heir to the Black line." He replied twisting his ring to show them all. "If the minister or Madam Bones wrote a letter to Sirius informing him of the trial the elf could deliver it to him."
"Yes, yes of course that is very clever." Said Fudge praising Harry. "Perhaps we could both sign and you could set up a meeting place on Sunday night so he would be ready in place for the hearing." He mused, this could be the best move if his career. Having the boy owe him a favour would be very good for him. Amelia agreed and a letter was crafted, Harry then called Kreacher and the letter was sent on its way.
"Now it's not that I don't think Mr Black is guilty but we should set up contingency guardians for you. For your own safety you understand." Said Fudge solemnly. Harry looked suprised at that bit conseeded it was necessary.
"Professors Mcgonagall and Flitwick would be my first choice with the Tonkses my second." Said Harry. "After Sirius of course." They nodded and the relevant forms where called for and filled in. Once done they confirmed the time of the trial on Monday and left the office.
"Harry I would like to talk to you in my office if I may" Amelia asked.
"Yes of course." Harry agreed.
"I will take my leave now." Augusta said. "My grandson should be finished with the work I left him." Nodding to Amelia and shaking both Harry and Remus's hand she exited towards the lifts.
After a short ride Amelia ushered them into her office collecting her messages from the secretary. Sitting down she peered through her monocle at Harry.
"I would like to discuss your living situation and how you came to be living with the very people your parents never wanted you to have any contact with." She said in a firm tone. Harry explained what he knew and then handed the papers of the health check the goblins did. To say that both Amelia and Remus were angry would have been a distinct understatement. Although both wanted to bring charges against Dumbledore, Harry knew it would be pointless. They eventually agreed that as long as the headmaster no longer tried to control Harry's life. Harry then turned the subject to Petigrew. Explaining how he was an animagus and how Remus recognised him from the paper soon a plan was made to capture him when the Weasley's return to England. Amelia knew they would return on Sunday and she decided to send some auror's to collect him. Having Petigrew and Sirius both face trial on Monday would be a good thing. Swiftness being better than not with the wizengamot.
Thanking Madam Bones and they were escorted to the floo and went their separate ways.
After returning to the Leaky Cauldon Remus and Harry sat and talked, Harry could barely believe how easily Fudge had been manipulated by them. But he was glad Sirius was getting the trial he deserved. He noticed as Dobby was setting up a late lunch the postal box was lit up again. Harry wanted to eat first, he guessed that was the healers work he seemed more hungry than he had ever been. Remus seemed to be eyeing him, almost to the point of suffocation. But Harry supposed that seeing all the wounds Harry had suffered written down like that worried him.