august wes samson

NAME
august wes samson

NICKNAME
he doesn't really have a set one, but has never been opposed to people coming up with one for him.

AGE
26

BIRTHDAY
october 02

KINGDOM
cambria

GENDER
male

SEXUALITY
heterosexual

FACE CLAIM
sean teale

FACE CLAIMsean teale

PERSONALITYaugust is a very soft spoken and gentle man

PERSONALITY
august is a very soft spoken and gentle man. he's never really been one to speak out or stand up for himself. he's too afraid he's going to hurt someone or do something bad if he tries standing out. that's nearly impossible for him, though, as he has one of the kindest souls out there. well, to his own people at least. like everyone else, he was raised to hate the other kingdoms, and he actually has his own reason for doing so anyway. he's a great leader, but due to his gentleness and quietness, he comes across as timid and shy. and sometimes he is! he's fine with talking to individual people, but when it's large groups bombarding him, he tends to get overwhelmed pretty easily. august is a little naïve, mostly in that he is very trusting. just befriend him and he'll trust you. fortunately, he hasn't been betrayed by any friends yet, but he knows that if the day comes, he will be absolutely heart broken.

LIKES
reading, nature, the rain, gardening, animals (especially liked horseback riding)

DISLIKES
large groups of people, the other kingdoms, heights, and loud noises.

BACKGROUND
august used to be a social, outgoing kid. he could make friends with anybody, get a crowd of people excited over the smallest thing, anything. as the prince, he grew up a lavish life. he didn't have to worry about much, especially since he wasn't originally the heir to the throne. when august was 17, his older brother died fighting in the war. the two were best friends. august became the heir as the next eldest, but he hid himself away. his outgoing personality quickly turned into a shy one. he was still kind to those around him, but he started to quickly dislike large crowds. he is still learning what to do, because he didn't have as much experience as his older brother. but that's his own reason for hating the other countries. they took away his brother.

FAMILY/HISTORY
august's family has ruled cambria for a very long time, though his bloodline is still relatively new. just after the war started, the throne was passed on to the king's step-brother, after he died with no heirs. meaning that while they may have been brothers, they were not blood related. technically, a whole new line took the throne. but that line has been ruling ever since. august's parents are alive and healthy, ruling the kingdom, though he can't say they're doing a great job. they tend to focus on themselves more, a little narcissistic. luckily they aren't to the point yet where the entire kingdom hates them and is rebelling, but if his parents keep it up with the way they're ruling, august can see it quickly spiraling out of control. he had three siblings. his older brother was killed in the war, but he had a younger brother and sister as well. twins. they're much closer to each other than they are to him, but he can't blame them for that. there's quite the age gap and they have different responsibilities. he still loves them, though. 

KINGDOM SPECIFICS
cambria sits in a valley. the mountains stand tall and are snow capped until summer. they lead into the hills, which is just a bunch of farmland, before the kingdom itself. the mountains have been their savior from the brunt of the war, but if it enters their home, they're kind of trapped. cambria is currently facing its own problems on top of the war. the king and queen are constantly wasting money, either on the war or on themselves. the people are growing angry because they're scared and hungry. the farmland around them is quickly dying out because they do not have enough money to keep supporting large farms, which quickly rids of their food. but they're still alive, and still fine for the most part. but they know, like august, it will all go downhill soon if something doesn't change.

THOUGHTS ON INVITE
august is not excited for this. at all. he understands that being the heir means he needs to do this kind of thing, but it combines two of his least favorite things: large groups and the other kingdoms. now, he doesn't want there to be war. who does? but he's not happy about going, and you can bet he will not be talking to anyone while he's there. and if he does, it won't be nice. well, as nice as he usually is.

QUOTE
"you are so brave and quiet, i forget you are suffering."
— ernest hemingway