Love at First Letter - 30

Start from the beginning

"That's because if your parents were still alive they wouldn't want you to leave their side from what you've told me about them."

That was true, my mother and father would have clung to me before I had my first deployment. They wouldn't have wanted me to go but they would have respected my decision and realized that, that is what I felt like every time they left me. Especially when both of them were deployed at the same time. It was tough, but it was how I was raised. So to see something like Brett's parents, I just don't understand.

"You're right, they would have."

"So have you guys done it?"

My cheeks flame as soon as he says that and this causes him to laugh loudly. The people sitting at the other tables look towards him but he doesn't pay them any attention and just continues to laugh. I smack his arm a couple of times but he just continues to laugh.

"Stop laughing." I try to stop his laughter but this just seems to send him into another fit of laughter. "Logan stop, I'm begging you. It's not funny."

"Oh, it's funny alright." Logan's laughter slowly comes to a stop and he wipes away a fake tear before propping his chin up on his hand. "Now, tell me. Did you like it?"

"Logan!" My cheeks get even hotter. "Can we please stop talking about this?"

"Are you uncomfortable?"

"Of course I am. There's a reason I don't write about sex scenes. They should be between two people, fiction or not. I've never been comfortable about the subject so can we please stop talking about it?"

"If you answer just one question for me."

"Okay, what's the question?" I was a bit apprehensive about his question. I didn't know if it was going to be something sex related, which it probably would be, or if it would be something completely unrelated but still embarrassing. It seems like he enjoys seeing me embarrassed and blushing.

"Do you love him?"

It doesn't take me more than a second to answer the question. "Yes, I do." He doesn't say anything but just continues to look at me. That was not a question I was expecting, but there was something in his eyes that I knew he wanted to ask me more. "Go on, ask me anything."

"How do you know that you love him?"

I cock my head to the side and stare up at the boy sitting in front of me. He was looking nervous and I didn't know why. Did he have a girlfriend that I didn't know about or was he secretly in love with someone?

"It's complicated. Brett, he's always on my mind. I'm always worrying about him and constantly want to be around him. I would do anything for that man and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I think love is different for everyone. It's scary trusting someone and loving someone so much. You give them a piece of you, and you have to trust that they do the right thing with that."