On Set

Shooting has been going on a few months now. The tension between Santa and Earth on set is palpable. They try to keep their distance, but their eyes often meet in moments of silence. Both of them are exhausted from the constant scrutiny and pressure they feel from the public and their agency.

One day, during a break from filming, Earth comes to sit beside Santa who is staring at his phone. "What are you reading?"

Santa showed his screen to Earth. "Just some comments on our latest episode. Some people are still hating on us."

"I know, it's hard to ignore it sometimes." Earth agreed.

Santa sounding more exasperated, "I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. It's tiring to always pretend like we're just co-workers."

"I understand. But we have to remember why we're doing this. We're telling a story that matters to people. We're doing the opposite of what we usually have to do; we're telling them we're not together."

Santa nods, but he can't help feeling the weight of the situation. Earth notices his unease and cautiously places a comforting hand on his back.

"It's okay to feel overwhelmed, Santa. Just know that I'm here for you, no matter what." Earth whispered.

Santa looks at him with grateful eyes, feeling a wave of emotions wash over him. He knows that Earth is sincere in his words, but he can't help the ache he feels in his chest.

"Thank you, Earth. I appreciate it." Santa replied, just as quiet.

Earth smiles softly at him, but his eyes betray the sadness he feels inside. He knows that their situation is difficult, but he can't help hoping that they can find a way to be together, despite all the obstacles.

As filming continues, the tension between them grows stronger. They try to keep their distance, but they can't help feeling drawn to each other. It's as if their hearts are communicating silently, their eyes locking onto each other every time they are in the same room.

One night, they find themselves alone in the green room, waiting for their scene. The silence is heavy, but the air is charged with electricity. Santa can feel Earth's presence, even though he's not looking at him.

Santa was the first to break the silence; "Earth, can I ask you something?"

"Of course, anything." Earth said without hesitation.

Santa takes a deep breath, trying to steady his nerves.

"Do you ever feel like this is all too much? Like we're living a lie?" Santa asks.

Earth took a deep breath and looked at Santa, "I know we've been trying to keep things professional between us, but I can't do it anymore. I miss you, Santa. I miss us."

Santa's eyes widened, and he looked at Earth in shock. "I miss you too, Earth," he admitted. "I can't stop thinking about you."

"I know we're going to face more hate, but I don't care. I love you, Santa," Earth said with conviction.

"I love you too, Earth," Santa replied, taking Earth's hand in his. "I don't care about the hate either. I want to be with you."

They both leaned in for a kiss, not noticing the camera that was looking in through the window, throughout their conversation. They knew it was a risk, but they couldn't help themselves. It felt right.

As they pulled away from each other, they could hear the director calling out for them to get back to set. They took a deep breath and headed back, ready to continue filming.

Despite the hate and scrutiny, Santa and Earth were determined to keep their love and their work separate. They were professionals, after all. But as they stood side by side, ready to begin the next scene, they couldn't help but feel a sense of comfort and security in each other's presence.