Chapter 36

Theo's POV

My last class of the day just ended, so me and my roommate, Marcus, decided to stop by a coffee shop.

My classes were fun, and I had finally made some friends not only in my class, but from other classes too, I felt like I was finally belonging somewhere, with people who actually cared for me.

"Theo, what do you want? I'm thinking Cinnamon Latte." Marcus says, getting up from his seat.

"Umm..." I look down at the menu and I have no idea what to pick, so I choose something random.

"A caramel cappuccino... and a hazelnut muffin." I said, smiling up at him as he grins at me, nodding his head.

Marcus leaves me sat out our table outside the coffee shop and goes to order our drinks, whilst I grab my phone for my pocket to see if Maddox texted me.

Once I see his name, I felt my face stretch as I smiled when I pressed on his name, but then I saw his message.

Maddox❤️: I can't do tonight, something came up

He can't meet me tonight? What did that mean? He told me he made time for me as I've not seen him in days, it was all we talked about since the last time I saw him.

His text was a while ago, so whatever it was must've been important.

I guess I don't have a right to be upset, Maddox was a busy man... an important person... I should get used to this feeling if I'm going to be dating Maddox, but... I am a little disappointed.

I missed him, not a minute goes by that I don't feel giddy just thinking about him, it was strange, whenever I was with him it was like I was living a life, I always wished for myself, a happy life, with someone I cared about.

It wasn't a secret that Maddox knew I loved him... after I blurted it out, not once, but twice now, but I couldn't help it, Maddox had been the first person to stay by me, to not give up on me, he saw something in me nobody else did.

I send him a quick text back, telling him that I understand, and I'll see him when he's free, then I put my phone face down on the table in front of me, just as Marcus came back with our drinks.

"Okay so, I'm definitely not drooling from the smell of your drink." He said, putting the drinks on the table as I lean over and smell.

"It smells kind of sweet." I say, despite drooling along with Marcus.

"Dude, it smells-"

"Theodore Banks?" A voice suddenly says, making me turn around to see who said my name.

When I turn around, I see a girl with blonde hair, and blue eyes looking at me, she was alone and holding a book and a laptop in her hand, I felt like I've seen her before, but I couldn't remember where.

"Oh, it was you, I'm sorry you probably don't remember me." She said shyly, blushing at me as I stare at her.

Then I start to remember where I've seen her before. "Oh."

"From No Limits?" I wasn't sure exactly, but when she nodded her head, I remember the last time I spoke to her.

Damn, I never thought I'd see her here, after how I embarrassed myself the first time I spoke to her, too nervous to look her in the eye when she was trying to help me on a machine.

"Sorry, I-I remember you, Hi..." I smile up at her, as she smiles back at me and then Marcus.

"Hello, I'm Claire Stevens, I know Theodore from one of the classes we took at the gym." She said politely, as she juggled her laptop and book in her hand and held out her free one in front of Marcus.