WooSan: 03

NAMHAE, SOUTH GYEONGSAN, SOUTH KOREA

"Here comes the cake..." said mom as she walking towards the dining table with a round-shaped cake. "I baked it myself special for my little boy."

San smiled. "Thank you, mom."

"Happy birthday, lil' brother, Sanie~" said Dahyun cutely.

"Thank you, lil' princess~" San said as he kissed her cheek.

"You're 19, but you look older than me." said Ravn teasing him.

"It's not true." Dahyun shook her head. "You look much older, Jo." she said.

"How could princess said that to me..." he said spoiled  pouted.

"Because today is San's birthday."

"You never took my side on my birthdays."

"Because you're the oldest. You're really old."

"Aigoo~ Look at this cutie girl~" Ravn said squeezing Dahyun's cheeks softly.

"San, it's your birthday. Grab the first slice." said dad.

"Okay, dad." he smiled looking at the cake. "By the way mom, you made chocolate cake again this year?"

Mom nodded. "Yea. I was deciding between orange and chocolate cake. But, I decided on chocolate cake because you love rich desserts, right?"

San nodded in wide smile. "Yes, mom. I love something dark, like chocolate. Can you... save a slice for me, mom? I'll give it to my roommate."

"Of course, take as much as you want. Have you finished furnishing your room? Do you need my help?"

"It's okay, mom. We've just bought a mattress, fridge and microwave."

Mom nodded understanding. "When I can meet your friend, son?"

San smiled. "I'll bring him here if I have a chance."

"Good evening, everyone." someone said entering the dining room.

"Oh, Hongjoong!" said mom.

All eyes on Hongjoong except San. Ravn sighed, glanced at him.

"Hey, Joong. Can you enter my house like normal people?" Ravn shook his head annoyed.

Hongjoong kept silent, take a seat next to San. "Happy birthday, San." he said.

"You come every year." said Ravn still annoyed.

"I was passing by and realized it was San's birthday, so I come to say happy birthday."

Ravn raised an eyebrow, "You've been using that excuse for four years, you shorty!"

Hongjoong's eyes widened. "Hey, don't play with that word. It's sensitive.  Come on, San's like my brother."

"This family only has three children. Who the hell are you?" Ravn said frowning.

"That's enough, Youngjo. It's time to eat." said mom.

"Here," Hongjoong took out a box wrapped in a red gift envelope. "Your birthday present." he handed the box to San.

San flustered in hesitation. "Hongjoong... you don't have to buy presents for me every year." he said.

"Hey, how could you reject my present?" Hongjoong said.

No option, San took the present from him. "Thank you."

"I miss the 16-year-old you." he said suddenly.

Uncomfortable, dad cleared his throat as a sign asking for Hongjoong to stop talking.