Day 4, 08 MAY 2023

Time: 0706

I have some time off. I did my detail. It was just setting up ice in the training are along with water. Other than that, I got formed up with the rest and we matched to the location where we did our physical entrance test.

It wasn't anything too taxing, but a ten seconds hold pull-up and making sure we can hook up the cord. Other than that, we ran to and from that location to the barracks.

I struggled a little bit on the pull-up, but that's nothing new. I'm weak as hell, but getting stronger. I'll sign off here since I didn't do too much. The actual training should be a bit more exciting since there are about four locations. See y'all!

Time: 1300

Alright, I'm back. It's been a little while but we have done a good bit of stuff. Nothing too exciting, but we'll be doing mock exits after we get back to the training location.

Alright, first things first. We got a little presentation from the battalion Master Sargent. It was mostly saying what we'll be learning and the timeline we'll be learning.

As for our lesson, we learned how to put on a parachute, or, to me more exactly, to help others put on a parachute. First, you bend forward with your arms fully extended by your side. From there, your Battle Buddy will help you out the straps over your shoulders. From there, you fasten the chest strap while your buddy moves the saddle across your butt. From there, you'll place a chute bag(to pack the shoot after you land) across your lap and fasten it to your body with the leg straps. After that, your battle buddy will pull the back straps up as you stand straight. Once all the slack is gone and the harness is snug, you tighten the strap to make sure it stays. There, you put on the parachute.

Now for the reserve. There's an extra strap on the parachute that looks out of place. You hold your reserve in one arm as the strap is fed with the help of your battle buddy. From there, you hook it to the rings on your chest and it's fed through a clamp before being fed back through to create a quick release. Then you're done. You put on the parachute.

We practiced jumping exercises( the parachute deploys in 6 seconds), how to move in a plane, and how to take off the parachute after we landed. Nothing too much to note. I'll probably go into more detail later, but I don't have a lot of time. I'm not allowed to bring a note book. Bye!

Time: 0506

I'm late, so very late. I fell asleep immediately. So after we got back to training, we did mock exits.

We'd go to stand by, on foot in front of the other, hands on the sides of our reserve, and our eyes at the horizon. When we get the go, we take a step and jump out.

From there, we land on the pebbles just outside. Feet and knees together, our upper body bent, and our chin to our chest; then we count.

1000

2000

3000

4000

5000

6000

We stand straight up and look up as if to check our parachute. Then we'd be told to stop and make way for the next person. We did that a total of 12 times.

3 out of the left hand side of a mock C-130 and three out of the right. Yes, there is a difference. Then we did the same, but out of a C-17 mock instead.

We didn't do any more practice after that and we ran back. After, of course, putting the demo parachutes back.

Sorry this didn't come out when it should've. As I said, I passed out almost immediately. We'll be doing Zipline training today to practice our exits. Thank God we won't have to have those demo parachutes, they're really uncomfortable. See y'all!