Day 2, 06 MAY 2023, Saturday

Time: 0817

Waking up was a little weird. Some people had alarms set early in the morning and others were just making a lot of noise. I decided to get up around 0700. The formation was around 0900 so it gave me a couple hours of doing whatever I fuckin wanted.

I haven't gone to the DFAC(Dining Facility) since I was going to eat out somewhere later today. I'll be eating at the DFAC all weekdays to save some money. The extra pay from airborne should help with the cost for food. Then again, after looking it up, an extra $150 isn't too much unless it's a HALO(High Altitude Low Opening) jump which is an Extra $225 instead.

Other than the daily routine of brushing my teeth, shaving, and checking my phone, it was an uneventful morning. Nothing too interesting, but we aren't in training yet so it only makes sense. The weather still says that it'll rain Wednesday and Thursday so that'll suck.

I'll try to keep up and up about the stories later(after formation). Busy day today. Because Florida is being difficult, if I don't do something today, my driver's license could get revoked. Great.

Time: 1305

A long jump after the last part. Let me start.

I immediately left formation to walk to the main PX to get a few things and to print out the page I need for the DMV. I walked with a Battle Buddy for nearly an hour and a half. To get to the PX. Not fun.

Skipping over the hour of silence and kicking ourselves for forgetting to wave down every taxi we saw, we made it. He went to get a haircut and I went to get the things I needed.

I was able to find the belt and soap pretty quickly. As well as the canteen. I was issued one as I said before, but I've been told not to use that. The last thing to do was to print one page at the UPS... That wasn't there. Yup... The UPS wasn't in the main PX this time. Confusing as shit, but I had to suck it up. Seeing that it didn't matter anymore, I went to the GameStop and looked at their games. I didn't buy any since I'm now sticking to a one game per month system.

I was able to get to the taxis that were in the parking lot. Almost all ignored me in favor of the large groups. One of them stopped and gave me a ride to another PX that had the UPS in it.

There was nothing to note about the ride there other than the car crash about halfway through. I didn't see it, but I saw what happened after. I'm not sure if every is okay, but that's not my business.

The taxi driver took me to the UPS and I paid them. Not too bad and she was a nice woman.

Anyway, I printed the paper, got it notarized, and scanned it before sending it to my dad so he could finish it. I couldn't do anything since I'm not in Florida, but I digress. I left not too long later and walked 20 minutes back to the Airborne barracks.

I'm not sure if my next outing will be as long since I'll be going to Zaxby's, but we'll see.

Yeah, it's usually this long on the weekends. Mostly because I usually end up doing nothing for hours or there's nothing to mention. Once training starts, it will be a lot longer. Till next time.

Time: 2359

Not going to lie, immediately after finishing the last entry, I fell asleep until 1720. It was a really good nap. Other than that, it's what you expected the outing to go. I signed out at CQ, walked to Zaxby's, and walked back after eating.

Yeah, nothing really happened. I mean, I played a bit of Vigor and God Eater, but that was about it. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one awake.

I'll probably stay inside for a while until lunch and dinner. Since we're allowed to have Gatorade and Powerade in the bays, I'll probably buy one. So far, no BS. Until tomorrow.