Shot Four - And They Live Happily Ever After

4

One Year Later

Gideon rolled his car inside the mansion and pulled up on the porch. He switched off the engine and quickly picked up the bouquet he bought for his wife...or can say that he had been buying ever since they got married. It was a daily thing now. The smiles these roses brought to her face were priceless. He could buy a whole flower-land if that was the way to keep that smile stay on her lips forever.

Walking toward the main door, the guard nodded and opened the door for him. Gideon nodded back and stepped inside. As he made it to the foyer, his attention was abruptly caught by two pairs of arms rushing toward him with loud screeches.

"Dad!" Adrian and Ethan shouted and pounced on him. Gideon chuckled and gathered both of them in his arms.

"Here you both are," Gideon groaned peacefully and hugged them tighter. Both boys hugged his neck. They loved their dad more than any superman, iron man or even batman.

Ethan felt something tingling his back. He pulled away and glanced at what Gideon was holding. His eyes widened in excitement the next moment. "Adrian, look, dad brought a bouquet for mommy again," He exclaimed. Adrian also pulled away and followed his brother's gaze.

"Mommy loves it, mommy loves it," Adrian bounced in Gideon's embrace and clapped. "Can we give it to her please?" Ethan implored with puppy-eyes.

Gideon grinned and kissed both's heads. "Yeah, why not? Here you go," He put them on their feet and handed them the bouquet. Both toddlers grabbed it, sniffed the scent and marvelled it, looking at each other.

"Dad, you know it's mommy's birthday next week," Adrian turned to Gideon and reminded him. Gideon cupped his jaw and caressed his cheek with his thumb. How could he forget it? It was also their wedding date. It will be their first wedding anniversary next week.

"Mommy's birthday!? No way! I didn't even buy her favourite bombshell perfume," Ethan told Adrian in a loud tone and looked at Gideon. "Dad, when are we going to get it?"

"Aye, shh, buddy. We talked about surprising her this time, yeah? So we have to be very careful about it otherwise mommy will know about our plan," Gideon hushed in a dramatic tone. Ethan nodded in understanding.

"But, dad. She won't listen. She is hiding," Adrian told him innocently. His cheeks were flushing like a newborn baby's. Gideon felt the rush to eat them up but he settled for kissing them.

"Hiding?" He crouched to their level while loosening up his tie.

"Yeah, we are playing hide and seek and it's our turn to find her," Gideon glanced upstairs with a smirk on his lips.

"Ahan? Let daddy find her for you. You guys wait in the lounge and give it to her when I bring her there, okay?" He turned to the kids who listened and complied with his instruction obediently. He stood up to his height, a playful smile staying on his lips intact.

He climbed the stairs while taking off his suit jacket. His eyes were playfully looking around in search of her glimpse. "Oh dear Annie, where are you, my darling?" Gideon called out waggishly. He watched the curtain swaying against an open window. His footsteps advanced toward it and in a quick tug, he pulled the curtain.

"Ah ha!" He cheered but his face fell when she wasn't there. It was just a trick of sight caused by the wind. "Darn! I thought I was close," Gideon scoffed and left the drape.

He continued walking in the hallway. "Where are you, sweetheart?" He shouted just for her to listen that he was coming to where exactly she was—in their bedroom.