Chapter 3: The Toppest Student

Start from the beginning

"That was extremely interesting to watch, it can lift things without getting apart! It's a good sign actually." The one of the teachers exclaimed out with amazement.

"And it means the strength is good enough in mini-fight." Another teacher spoke out with pointing out a pointer finger at Citrus to explain some facts.

"I'll try to level you up into the top students, dear! It's already obvious that you work on it hardly enough." Latte uttered out, smiling widely at the sight that her student tried hard on this one, feeling proudly for her faithful student.

"T-Thank you..." She nervously thanked, forcing herself to smile for the teachers and principal, feeling guilty on herself for hearing such sweetest praises after she literally cheated on this one. She couldn't help herself, but feel all fault on her, however, what else she could do though. She tried to act along until their check on her 'fake' prune jelly done.

"Excuse me, but can I ask question?" Some voice cut into the scene, causing her to look around to the direction where the voice come from.

She would felt the situation wrap her body up when she knew Prune Juice also be there for her prune jelly. She couldn't say anything, but just nod her head up and down to reply quickly.

He would point out his pointer finger at the direction where the jelly assistant standing still lifting the pot as he made his wholesome smile again, changing his mood once again in quick moment. "How can you did the face?" He uttered out with making his face expression in questioning manner, but with his friendly smile on his face.

"...Oh! I think, I just, errr... Work on the face too hard, heh." She simply dodged his question with her silly reply, having a problem on understand to why he asked the question this directly, especially about the face. He often just laugh it off or ask about experiences than asking about form, like face.

Of course, he don't like the way she avoiding to share any information with him, who wouldn't think that she wasn't lying when it was totally obvious.

"Hm, what can it also do? Does it attack? Can it clean up any type of dirtiness?" The elder principal spoke up from amongst the group, deciding to change the subject before it get too long to discuss.

"Uh, It can make some foods and can clean anything... Well, if the liquid won't bother it that much." She mumbled the last part of her phrase, couldn't got out from her embarrassed feeling, looking down in ashame.

"That isn't a problem, every jelly have that troubled topic. Nevertheless, our check on your preparation here is done. I hope we'll see you on the celebration of new top students." Principal cheerfully let out a laughter, seems to be enjoyed her little preparation for this stunning performance.

Citrus would bow her head slightly to down until the teachers and Prune Juice switch to another different student's jelly assistant as she felt her whole body got lighter and relieved than ever, so much happy that she wouldn't got caught by the teachers. She glanced up to her friend who is standing there lifting the pot for a whole time which is Citrus's mistake that she forgot to tell her to put it down.

"Y/N! You can put that down, now." Citrus whispered out when she got close enough to Y/N to hear.

"Oh... It's alright, I can handle it, besides they didn't leave completely, yet. We must keep our guard up until we find some place that is... private." She whispered out as an explanation, but with having a bit problem on talking because of the liquid that is dripping down her face, nearly to accidently swallow some liquid for opening her mouth.

Citrus made a worried frown, but with wearing a smile for seeing how silly she is.

"But, welp, I think this is our proof of our friendship. Funny that I never believed of power of friendship." Y/N laughed out, even though it was harsh to talk with liquid covered on her face, especially a little stinky one. Citrus just smiled for her phrase, trying to not talk too much with her 'fake' jelly assistant because of the confused stares of students started to arrive at her sight, as they both sneakily got out of the hall with dripping some of the liquid from Y/N.

The footprints had left on the clean fancy floor everywhere that Y/N stepped, leaving the cleaner get speechless when they pass just beside of the cleaner.

...

"I can't believe they've actually think I am a regular prune jelly!" Y/N cheered with full of activity energy, cleaning herself with some towel which Citrus gave as they were both in the empty laboratory room. Citrus would be cleaning her 'witch' pot with a small portion of regretness on her face for hearing how reckless she is after that happened.

"Yeah, sure... But, what if they knew? What if they decide to kick you and not me, just because of helping...? I don't know about this, it's okay if they kick me out, but what if you? I can't bear anything like that after this already happened..." Citrus said in worried tone, disbelief of they actually didn't caught in their eyes. "But, I like to thank you once more." She looked up to see the new student who is now standing in front of her, watching how she is washing some slimy liquid from inside of the pot.

"It's okay." She just ignored with replying, wiping some of the liquid from her puffy hair which is suddenly become too curly than before when she tried to wipe it off from her hair. "...However, that student was nearly to catch me. They even knew where is my eyes when I actually can't see clearly." She seems to be very impressed, now wiping up her neck with the towel which is in her hand.

"He was the toppest student I was mentioning, Prune Juice." She replied with glancing up at her as she froze after hearing her short statement.

"He was a male?!" Y/N got slightly shocked of hearing the fact that the student that seems to be have mixed gender was actually male this whole time. Her eyes widen with surprise as her lips twitched in slight disappointment for herself that she couldn't recognize the gender earlier before this.

She quickly lean closer to Citrus to hear clearly at this point, and she spoke out in slightly mumble as she leaded by her own curiosity, however, not too surprised, after all it is now quite common in this era. "Is it his own style or... He is just like... that?" She soonly changed her mood into serious one, making her face expressionless in blank, as if she is asking his gender identity to better acknowledge about him.

Citrus would stay in speechless for a moment, soonly realizing what her topic of question was meant to. "Errr... I guess, it's just his style, besides I've never think him in that way, nor someone else, besides, he doesn't usually interested in a couple relationship." She took some time to make up the words before reply with a bit of shock to her, for the fact that Y/N was the first one to found him with that odd way, dislike the others.

"Am I really the first one to confuse on his gender?" She asked with tilting her head a bit to aside, making up another question which she find it interesting to know about it.

"Um... You aren't, probably. I think, there would be others just as confused as you about him." She spoke, putting her finger tip on her chin to think the topic properly, and to remember if it is also there who asked the question before.

"Mhm, nevertheless! I hope that I will see him again so I can talk with him about some personal things. You know, like some deep topics about potions and techniques to make." She stated, with finishing up the left-over liquid from her face with the help of the towel. She would made a smile at her direction after saying that as Citrus let out a bit tired sigh for her idea of meeting him again after she was almost nearly to get caught by him without no aware that he'll recognize her.

However, somehow, her oddly bright energy kept Citrus quiet about it. "Yes, of course." She mumured for the phrase Y/N spoke out with her tiny shining smile.