Chapter 20

[Novaluvnosis] (n.);  The state of relaxation and wonderment while gazing upon the stars at night.

Just like last time, I shivered as I walked through the mirror entering guru ji's mansion. Standing in front of us, Guru Ji and his assistant named Samir along with other men greeted us. Then spoke,
" How was your travelling through the mirror?" Guru Ji asked looking in Geeta's direction and looking at her expression and aura she is timid.
" It was nice... Guru Ji," she answered nervously.
" Is he really blind because it doesn't look like to me, Asha?" Sita whispered to me feeling weird looking at Guru Ji.
" Yes he is," I answered back.
" Guru Ji, we are in a hurry. Can you introduce the bodyguards hired for them? Then we will leave," Rohan said.
" Rohan, I arrange the room for these girls here in my home. It's not wise for them to live somewhere else, " Guru Ji muttered making the three girls feel uneasy.
" Guru Ji, I already made arrangements for them," I said making those three feel relief.
" Asha, Geeta is a newly transformed werewolf and given that she is a sunshinner. She will be having power as well. That's risky for her to live amongst humans at the early stage. So I think it's better if these girls live here for a month at least. Where Geeta will be trained to control her emotions and powers. And this is the safest place where Alpha Jayden won't send his men," Guru Ji's words convinced Geeta as she nodded immediately and talked to me,
" He is right, Asha. After all, he is a pious man so my sisters and I will be safe here,"
" As you wish, Geeta," I muttered.
" Good, Meena take these girls to their rooms," Guru Ji ordered and one woman standing behind the men come in front and took Geeta and her sisters.
Then all the Guru Ji's men left the room leaving Rohan, Guru Ji and me.
" Please take a sit. I have some matters to talk about. It won't take much time," Guru Ji muttered gesturing to the sofa in the room which was Guru Ji's office.
" After the boys were transformed into werewolves, I didn't get time to discuss these things," Guru Ji spoke as we sat down.
" What's the matter, Guru Ji?" I asked.
" Asha, you have transformed four humans into werewolves. And whoever does that... like you will happen to form a bond with them meaning your brothers, Rohan and Geeta. This bond has proven from time to time it's strong... Some even say it's the same or strong bond compared to a mother's bond with her child... You and your wolf spirit will be more protective and dominant towards them while only their wolf spirits will be more submissive," Guru Ji explained and emphasize words like mother's bond, Rohan, brothers, dominative, only and submissive.
Rohan and I nodded once as we understood his explanation.
" As you know, I saw a vision of you children and told your Dadi. In those visions, I saw Geeta so I hired the men to find out as much information about her as possible. That's when I found out the local goon has her sisters. As per the rules, I didn't do anything but let my men spy on them. Hoping to find something that is useful. So when you call to inform me to rescue those girls, it was an easy and quick task, " I couldn't help but yell after hearing Guru Ji.
" You knew? Why didn't you rescue them quickly?"
"As I said, I was following rules," Guru Ji muttered.
" So you choose to follow your rules rather than save innocent lives," I mumbled in anger.
" Yes, I am not ashamed to admit it. Throughout time, following the rules helped my ancestors and me from trouble... Even death," Guru Ji defended while I was about to snap back at him but Rohan hold my hand and questioned calmly,
" So weren't you informed about Alpha Jayden and his mate visiting Geeta once? Or Alpha Jayden was the one the goon worked for?"
" When my men spy on Geeta, they told me she is in debt from Sunil and he currently working for a foreign couple through phones. I didn't know it was him," Guru Ji answer feeling regret yet having a stoic expression.
" Geeta met Alpha Jayden on the night my family hosted the fest. She went to an isolated area... It was outside the city," I muttered as soon as I remembered a part of Geeta's memory.
" That area is forbidden for my workers. My ancestors clearly stated no one from our side should visit there and explained it was not the right time. So my men didn't follow Geeta there otherwise I would have informed you immediately, " Guru Ji clarified yet I couldn't forget the point he didn't save Geeta's sisters.
" Guru Ji, how did you meet Saraj?" I asked for Disha.
" Thorough my vision I saw him and as he is a King. It was easy to find him," Guru Ji explained smiling and feeling proud.
" Tell me the visions you saw and this time I won't listen to excuses," I ordered wiping the smile off Guru Ji's face.
" I am sorry but telling you the visions can be destructive," Guru Ji muttered before Rohan stopped me from talking but this time squeezing my hand gently.
" It's fine, Guru Ji. We will leave now as there is nothing else to talk about," Rohan spoke and pulled me up.
" Okay, let me see you two off," Guru Ji then led the way. Once we came out of the office, Samir walked beside Guru Ji.
" Asha ji, will you be here for Geeta's shift during sunset?" Guru Ji asked.
" I want to but I don't think I can come. I will meet her tomorrow though," I answered as we walked down the stairs. I could hear the chanting of people in the backyard where Guru Ji held a session.
" There are many humans here. How can she shift without their knowledge?" I asked concerned.
" Don't worry about that. The humans will leave an hour early from the sunset," Guru Ji assured and we reach the door.
" My man can drop you two at your respectable houses," Guru Ji offered but Rohan denied it.
" No thank you. Luv and Khush message me they will be here in a minute, "
Just as Rohan said, my brothers' car drove past the gates after a minute. Stopped in front of us and my brothers step out of the car to greet Guru Ji but they called him by his real name, Abraham. It was a quick chat that lasted for a minute.
I was sitting next to Rohan in the back seat when he place his hand on my knee. Luv was driving and Khush was sitting in the passenger seat.
" So, how was walking through the mirror experience to you two?" Khush asked and Rohan answer first with enthusiasm.
" It was amazing. It was like going through water's surface and if you walk with your eyes open... You can see many places with many dimensions but the place you want to go will be in the middle. And it takes less than a minute,"
" You walk through with open eyes?" I asked as I didn't dare to do that. And Rohan nodded in answer.
" Asha, how was your experience?" Luv asked looking through the rearview mirror.
"As Rohan said, it was like water and walking from one room to another," I answered.
" So you first enter Papa and Amma's room?" Luv asked.
" No, I entered my room. I went to their room to find the car key," I answered looking outside the window. Intentionally ignoring the part I used Papa's Porsche.
" Okay then, how many files did you read from the drawer?" Luv questions and this time I lean front between the car seats. Because of this, Rohan's hand travelled from my knee to my lower back.
" Every single one of them. What's the deal with the Malhotras like Papa has so much personal and business information on them?" I asked looking at my brothers.
" That's maybe because of my Dad," Rohan muttered so I lean back looking at him and again his hand travelled and landed on my thigh while I ignore the sparks.
" The Malhotras used to be Dad's friends and suddenly they accused Dad of stealing. Even though Dad proved his innocence, they still maintain distance from him. So Dad cut off all the connections with them and come to Mumbai. Then Malhotras shifted there following Dad. And after that, they become a business rival," Rohan narrated surprising my brothers and me.
" Dude, why did you never tell us that?" Luv blurted out right after Rohan finished speaking.
" Dad and Mom ordered me to never tell until it was important. Given that Malhotras have sunshinner's gene and will become werewolves so it's important to tell now," Rohan explained.
" Asha, apart from Nina's financial report. You find something interesting?" Khush asked and then Luv muttered.
" She is a freaking billionaire yet loots us every single day saying she is broke,"
" I know right," I said at the same time as Rohan asked,
" You guys didn't know her being a billionaire?"
" You knew!" My brothers and I yelled accusing Rohan and making him feel a bit scared.
" Didn't you two ever see your shares in Nina's business? The one where she hires every type of engineer working for freelance projects," Rohan questions again.
During her university, Haniya, Yasmin and she shared their business idea. And Chachas, Papa and Jigar Uncle forced their older children to invest in the business. I don't even know the business name.
" No," Again my brothers and I answered same time.
" I thought it was stupid at that time, " Luv muttered.
" I bought shares because Papa pressurised me," Khush mumbled.
" I was too busy checking that," I reasoned.
" That's the business, she earns in billionaire. Roshini told me that Nina earns other businesses in millions when I was teasing her. I didn't believe her so I check my bank account... The one where share money transfer. It's in billions and I have a small per cent of the shares," Rohan spoke loudly at the end making my brothers and me feel an idiot.
" So are you saying I am a billionaire too?" Khush turns around to look at Rohan asking in disbelief and Rohan nodded.
" Why didn't Nina tell us?" Khush asked again in disbelief.
" We have to ask her," I announced.
Then we were quiet for a while until Khush broke the silence by asking,
" Did you find police reports about Nina's incident?"
" Yes, Amma and Papa told me that the policeman in charge of the case wasn't giving his best. But reading those reports, I don't think the man was like their description. Nina stated in her testimony saying the rapist had two long teeth and his eyes glowed, " I shared the information feeling bad for Nina.
" Vampire?" Luv whispered looking at Khush and then rearview looking at me making me realise Nina was actually telling the description rather than talking in trauma.
" No, it can't be a vampire. She told he had scales like fish. Vampires don't have that," I pointed out shaking my head.
" Snakesshifter," Khush muttered after a while as we were thinking.
" That's why, she doesn't like to talk because no one will believe her description," Rohan exclaimed as he found an answer which we all did.
All the way home, we were quiet. I would never think a serpent would rape Nina. No matter how much I think in place of Nina. I would never empathize with the pain and fear she went through at the age of five. She was five with a wild imagination and that night ruined her making her have dark thoughts.
When Luv parked the car, Rohan tighten his hold on my thigh and muttered.
" Leave the car key on, I have to talk to Asha alone,"
" Inside the car," Khush smirked jokingly.
" We will just talk," Rohan explains and then my brothers stepped out walking inside the house.
" What's the matter, Asha?" He asked.
" You are the one who wanted to talk. Why?" I spoke in disdained remembering his actions today.
" You are upset with me. Tell me why?" he asked showing his wolf's eye. I didn't see him in wolf form yet. Through Yasmin, I got to know Rohan's wolf spirit name is Hades.
" When I was shaken in Mumbai. You told me to hold myself up for Nina... That's what Papa and Amma would say to me every time instead of understanding me. You did the same, you ignored my feelings," I tried to control my tears but they fell at last.
" I am not good with words, Asha. I didn't mean for you to feel that way... I just thought if I was in your place what will I want to hear the most? I would think of Roshini and protect her. That's why I told you that. I am sorry, Asha," Rohan apologise holding my face and wiping the tears off.
" You shut me up when we were at Guru Ji's," I pointed out his action which hurt me the most.
" Because no matter what Abraham's excuse, you will never understand his action. You would never do that so you will find it unimaginable," He explained.
" If he saved Sita and Maya then we wouldn't have faced what we did today. And sharing the vision will help us," I mutter snarling like an animal.
" I believed when Nina and Yasmin told us they can see the future. They used to tell everything to Roshini and me whenever they saw visions about us. We learn the hard way that something is better to know when it happens," Rohan was feeling pain and regret when he spoke
" Explain to me, Rohan," I said looking at him.
" When we were in a relationship. Yasmin had a vision where we were fighting but she didn't understand the reason for the fight. Then I slapped you, she told me I was wearing my graduation coat. So I broke up with you and left India as soon as I finished my degree. I hated myself and tried everything to push you away from me. Until Hade convince me otherwise. Knowing the future isn't a blessing, Asha," I was speechless hearing Rohan.
" You know what the funny part is, Asha?" Rohan asked sarcastically to which I shook my head.
" Nina called me the day I left India. She told me that we were doing a play where we were acting like a couple and the guy slaps the girls. I didn't actually hit you but through Yasmin's view, it looked like I did," Rohan laugh bitterly.
" Since then I told them never tell my future even if I die," Rohan said.
" Why didn't you tell me that?" I asked.
" I can't forget what I told you while breaking up," He spoke growling lowly.
" I don't even remember what you said...," Rohan interrupted me in my lie.
" Your lying! What...," I kissed him to calm the sudden rage he was having even though I know he will not hurt me.
" Let's go inside," I spoke after breaking the kiss. And with unspoken words, I finish the discussion to which he didn't object.
Then we went inside holding hands. After our talk, I understood Rohan as he was the oldest and was taught to protect Roshini since the day she was born. So he said to me what he was always been told.
To protect your younger sister.
Just like my brother, Disha, Haniya and I were told when we were young.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am planning to finish this story and write a sequel