Chapter 9

[Shock] (n.); a sudden upsetting or surprising event or experience.

); a sudden upsetting or surprising event or experience

" Why are you taking so long to choose?" Nina whines at Luv who couldn't select a perfume.
" Nina, you drag me for two hours to choose a material. Now whining that I am taking a long time to choose," Luv muttered as he lift his eyebrows.
" It was for clothes and it takes time while selecting a perfume won't take long," Nina mumbled as Khush yawned next to me. After I reach home, three of my siblings took me with them to the mall.
" Khush, how is this?" Luv passed the piece of paper to Khush to smell.
" Nah," Khush muttered.
" Are you buying for Khush?" I asked as it was a habit of theirs that Luv would buy for Khush otherwise Khush won't bother.
" Yeah, " Luv answered.
" Then buy for me also," Nina ordered and went to the female section to select leaving dumbfounded Luv.
" I am not going to buy for her," Luv muttered.
" Buy it or Amma will scold you," I mumbled making Luv frown.
" Then I will definitely not buy perfume for her now," Luv decided while Khush rolled his eyes and went to Nina.
" I will pay for your perfume," Khush muttered as he put his arms around Nina's shoulder.
Nina smiled and quickly moved away to check the perfume. The scene may look normal to others, but in reality, Nina moved because of the touch.
" Why is she like that?" Luv whispered to me in anger.
" Because she is the youngest," I answered.
" I am not talking about her tantrums but her 'Don't touch me' policy," Luv spoke looking at Khush and Nina selecting perfume.
None of us knew why Nina doesn't like to be touched since childhood. Amma and Papa told us that she doesn't like it and that's all. They hide the truth from us, it was understandable when we were young. But now, we are adults and we have the right to know about it.
" You have that look," Luv pointed out breaking my focus on Nina.
" What look?" I question.
" The one, Amma and Papa have whenever we raise the question on Nina's policy," He muttered and then his expression changed to realisation.
" You know," He announced.
Nina immediately looked at me with a warning expression. If she doesn't want Luv and Khush to know about her rape then I will respect it.
" I am clueless as before," I answered with a half-truth. I got to know about Nina when I used my memory power on Disha. Accidentally saw one of her memory that indicated Nina's rape.
I tried to talk to Nina but she doesn't want to talk at all. She is not ready to speak so I didn't push her further.
" Swear it," Luv challenged.
" Stop acting like a child, " I muttered trying to act normal when I wanted to shout.
" Luv, smell this unisex perfume," Khush called loudly making other customers look at us.
" If you like it then it's okay for me," Luv muttered as we reach Khush.
" Smell it," Khush ordered like Nina does when she is stubborn.
" It's good," Luv commented.
" Let's go then," I spoke while sale woman takes the perfume Nina and Khush decided.
" You are buying five perfumes," I said to Nina once I notice the number of female perfumes.
" So what? You brought four perfumes for yourself last week," She argues looking offended.
" I am not complaining about it," I spoke in defence. I rolled my eyes when Nina walk ahead of me. Whenever I state the obvious, Nina thinks I am going to complain or something.
After Khush paid for the perfumes, we left the shop and went to the watch shop.
" What's up, Rohan?" Nina greeted Rohan who was already in the shop. I was shocked to see him in the shop if I knew he was going to join. I won't have joined at all.
" I am great... Hi, Asha," The moment Rohan looked at me, Astra howled in happiness.
" Hey," I spoke in an attempt to sound nonchalant.
" Did you select the watch yet?" Khush asked.
" Yeah, " Rohan answered.
" Are you guys going to buy?" Rohan asked my brothers who shake their heads.
Then we all left the shop and went to the food court. Rohan went to order for us while my sibling and I went to search for a table as the food court was packed. We were able to find chairs so we placed the chairs in the corner and waited for Rohan.
" Nina, Luv and I wanted to ask some questions from you, " Khush mutter looking serious. Luv elbowed Khush and said,
" We should ask when Rohan is here,"
" It's better to ask from her than question them together," Khush spoke to Luv while Nina and I were confused.
" What are you going to ask from me?" Nina questioned cautiously.
" What happens between you and Rohan?" Luv questioned making wide my eyes in shock while Astra becomes alert. As the question indicated that Rohan and Nina might have an affair.
Nina rolled her eyes and smiled at me before turning her head towards our brothers.
" You are asking from the wrong person. It should be Asha and not me. Rohan and her love story finish before it could start years ago. Still, Asha is so in love with Rohan," Nina spoke quickly yet I heard everything in slow motion. Sitting completely still as her words made my heart beat faster and louder.
" Asha, is it true?" Khush asked breaking my focus on Nina.
" Where should I place the tacos?" Rohan asked startling all four of us. Khush places the bags on the floor from the chair so Rohan can put the tray on it.
" Rohan, Luv and Khush asked me if something is happening between us," Nina spoke as she is telling a joke.
Rohan immediately laugh and said,
" Nina is like a sister to me,"
Astra calm down the moment Rohan called Nina as his sister and my brothers relaxed at the statement.
" What made you think that?" Rohan asked as he takes his taco.
" You know Vick said...," Rohan interrupted Luv by saying in an irritated voice,
" Bro, please in the name of god, don't take Vick's word seriously. He can't be trusted"
" He looks fine guy, Rohan," Luv immediately spoke in a defensive tone while I ate my taco enjoying the conversation.
" He is literally a living example of the phrase ' wolf in the disguise of sheep', " Rohan said making Nina and me make eye contact.
Even though Rohan doesn't know about werewolves or any supernatural being. Yet, I will look into Vick just to make sure he is human.
" Vick told Khush and me that he saw you and Nina being intimate," All the air in my lungs evaporated and made me choke on my taco as soon as I heard Luv's words. Khush handed me the water bottle. I emptied the bottle in a few seconds as I was dying from dehydration
" That was a hug... She was almost going to have an episode at that time and I just hug to calm her," Rohan explained and Nina nodded as her mouth was filled with tacos.
" She doesn't like to be touched during that time," I pointed out looking at Nina.
" I calm down because he started to sing Amma's lullaby as he hug me," Nina said in a nonchalant tone which didn't help the boiling rage in my blood.
Then a loud noise like a blast erupted followed by screams. The security men ran towards the kitchen of the food chains. I stand up immediately looking around for a threat but didn't find one as everyone looked towards the mini food chains stations.
" Excuse me, what happens?" Rohan asked a couple coming from that direction.
" Apparently, all the kitchen stations had a sudden blast from the stove. Looks like they use the cheapest one here," the man replied before going.
" How did that happen?" I asked Astra who growl in frustration and roared,
" You were the one who did it,"
" Let's go from here, " Luv spoke as he carried the bags and the boys made sure to follow behind me and Nina.
I was thinking about my control over my powers. In the beginning, I used to have difficulty controlling them but thanks to training, I was able to control them. And this was the first time after coming from America, I lose control.
Then I thought about the reason behind my loss of control. It was Nina and Rohan, they will never be together. As Nina knew my feeling towards Rohan and given the history behind us, Rohan will never be in a relationship with my sister. Yet, the fear of them being together romantically didn't go out of my mind for even a second.