Goodbye

Michael blinked and opened his eyes but immediately clenched them shut in pain.

"Oh my goodness, oh my--"

"Shut up and stop worrying Katie." Michael said through gritted teeth and opened his eyes again.

I smiled and began to laugh. That was so like Michael, focusing in the terror of the moment.

However, I looked into those shimmering emerald eyes that were filled with so much anguish, fear and pain and I lost it again. I did the only thing natural.
I began to cry.

"Oh geez don't cry, we don't have time for that." He said, annoyed.
I laughed at his adorable expression for some reason, and began to put pressure on the wound.
"D-don't do that." His voice wavered.
"Why not?"
"Because it's too late." He said simply.

I stopped in shock. It never occurred to me that I COULDN't save him. I closed my eyes to stop the tears. I was too young to be a widow, to young to be left alone in the world. I couldn't go back to Rohan now.

It had started to rain harder droplets that peppered our faces and washed some of the blood from his wound.
How appropriate that it should rain....

"Katie" I heard his quiet voice.
"Yes?"
"Will you sing for me?"

I nodded and began to sing our song, all the while cradling his head and crying despite his wish for me not to.

By the time I was finished, he was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi. So, I've been asking around and I found out that most readers will stop here because they're angry that I killed off a character.
Be angry if you want, but I have to shape a character by writing about what happened in their past.
So, if you just want to see someone make up a character and throw them into the movies without any real background, go read another fanfic.
Because I know what I'm doing.

And I promise it will get better.
Sincerely, Elsa8001.