Through Legolas' eyes

"What's wrong with your eyes?" I said, studying Katherine carefully for any wounds that might lead to her eyes being blood-red.

"Weren't they blue before?" I asked.

"Blue-green, but--" Katherine stopped mid-sentence, looking down as if she was looking for the right answer. Her eyebrows crinkled in such a way that it was adorable.

'What are you thinking, Legolas?' My voice in my head screamed at me. 'You can't even THINK of a HUMAN that way. What would your father say?'

My voice was right. My father wouldn't approve, and all I wanted was to gain my father's admiration.
I focused back on Katherine, this time as a fellow warrior.

She looked up and said, "I need a moment to myself. Have the men clean up and pack up. We leave by midday." She said confidently, looking at me expectantly.

I nodded and walked away, but turned to watch her walk away, over the ridge and down the hill. I decided to follow her.

Once she got to the bottom of the hill, she carefully made her way to a small group of trees nearby. I crouched in some nearby brush and watched her.

She leaned against a tree, wrapped her arms around her stomach and began to sob uncontrollably. After a few more minutes, she dried her eyes and began to sing.
Her voice was haunting, but....beautiful. The song was about love and heartbreak, about life and death.

When she was done, she leaned over a small pool of water, smiled and then turned to go back up the hill to camp.

I quickly went another way back and returned to camp before her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey y'all, this is Legolas' POV in case you didn't know, I just titled the chapter strangely. Thanks for reading, Elsa8001.