My sister was pushed to the limit when she saw my childhood friend captive in that Hellhole. We formulated a plan to get her out, but she took it a step further. She wanted to free everyone. Everyone as in, future victims, too. Did you all see the explosion?" I ask. They all nod their heads. A light smile graces my lips.

"She had just done that. She wanted to get rid of these terrible practices for good, and that means getting rid of the workers, too." I say hesitantly. However, nobody seems to mind the gruesome implication.

At this point, I find myself at a loss for words. What do I tell them? Is that enough of an explanation? Do I just simply take them home? Could they ever return to a normal life?

I open and close my mouth, struggling to find words. I release a heavy sigh and sag my shoulders in defeat. I wish I had more to say, but I don't know what to do. Just a few days ago, I was sitting in my chemistry class, wondering how to create a certain chemical. How did I end up here?

Then I remembered. My beautiful friend whom I've loved since early childhood. The person that I have chosen to stick by since day one. The friend who my parents seemed to love more than their own blood. My amazing Y/n. My Y/n who is passed out in the back of a car.

"Thank you." A soft-spoken woman says. I snap my eyes into the mirror, meeting her gaze. I allow a small smile on my face.

"Of course. I wish there was more for me to say and do, but from here, I really am clueless." I give a dry chuckle.

She offers a head nod and continues looking out of the window. I sigh and focus my eyes back onto the winding road. It shouldn't be much longer until I bring them back to our safe place. Lianna, being a nurse of sorts, has a safe place with materials meant to help injured people. Of course, she can not help severely injured patients, but this crowd doesn't seem like they need such help.

It is a small place, but it is useful enough. The only issue, however, is that Lianna is still at the institution. I exhale heavily again and rub my head with a free hand. Y/n needs a hospital, and these people have to wait for any kind of assistance. Why can't I be more useful?

I pick up my phone and carefully open it while flicking my eyes back and forth to the road and down again. I open a familiar contact and dial the number.

"Hello? Yoongi?" I ask into the phone.

"What's up Yuqi?" He replies calmly.

"I think you should divert from here and take Y/n to the hospital. There's one a few miles North from here. She needs more than what we can offer her down here." I say. I hear him inhale.

After a moment of mumbling in their van, he replies. "Alright. I'll keep in touch with you about her condition. Stay safe, and thank you for all you have done for us."

"I would do it three times over again if I had to. You all stay safe, too, okay? Bye." I hang up and place my phone back onto my lap.

After several more minutes of driving, I see a familiar building come into my vision. I huff a breath of relief and pull into the abandoned driveway. I feel the passengers start to stir, and I put the car into park.

I unbundled my seatbelt and turn around. "Okay, so this is a little building meant to keep you all safe for the time being. After a small physical checkup, you can decide if you would like to return back to where you were...taken from." I give a slightly awkward speech. How are these people ever supposed to return to their old society and function as normal?

Their eyes shift around at each other before they begin unbuckling themselves. I dig out my keys and lead them towards the small, but clean, building. I unlock the door, push it open, and turn on the lights. Hesitantly, the crowd follows me inside. What a strange amount of trust they have in me.

Gesturing with my hands, I show them around.

"This is the bathroom. Here's the kitchen, but we would probably have to order food. This place has never really been used before, so we don't really keep food here. This is where you would all sleep if you so choose to stay the night or just need a nap. This is where the medicine and supplies are. I think that's all, so..." I shrug and try to find something else to say.

"This isn't a trick is it?" A man speaks up. He is holding a woman in his arms as he looks at me intently.

"Not at all. From here, you are all free to return to your normal lives. I know it's probably impossible to pretend that nothing happened, but that's all I can really offer. I'm sorry." I look down at my feet.

"You mean we're just allowed to go home?" A woman asks.

"Yeah. I can't keep you here if you don't want to be here. The only reason I brought you here is so that you could all get a checkup. However, I would have to wait for my sister to come and give you all a look. I am nowhere near qualified." I try and lighten the atmosphere.

They all look around and seem to speak without moving their mouths. The pairs and trios of soulmates share something that I have been longing for forever. The name on my body should appear soon.

"I know I've already said it, but thank you. There's no telling what could have happened to us if we had stayed there." The woman shudders in fear. I nod in understanding.

"That's a big fear of mine, so I'm glad you're all out of there and safe." I say, my mind wandering to Y/n again.

I snap back to the woman when she speaks again. "But... how are we supposed to return to our old lives? I don't think our bond was damaged, but this fear is... almost unbearable." Her voice shakes as she finishes her sentence. My heart clenches for not only her, but everyone who was affected. That includes all of those who are no longer with us. We shouldn't have to be treated like dirt by our own kind.

"In all honesty Miss, I really don't know. I understand your fears, but I really don't know what to do from here." I feel tears starting to form as I shake my head. "Because this was all started from the government, there is nothing that we can do to punish these people." I say. She nods, knowing that I am right.

Unexpectedly, she wraps her arms around me. That is all it takes for me to break down in her hold. I wish I was stronger for them, I wish I was smarter for them, and I wish I had a solution for them. I just don't. She rubs my back as I try to pull myself together. By now, a few people watch. Perhaps her soulmates. I pull away but keep her hands in mine for another moment.

"Please get some sleep as best as you can. Unless you're deciding to leave, of course!" I say. She smiles at me.

"I believe we are choosing to stay for the time being. We don't even know how to get back." She chuckles. However, this strikes something in Yuqi's mind. Transportation. How was she expecting everyone to get home?

"Oh! Right. I'll have to figure out the way home for all of you." I tap my chin in thought. Then, I wave my hand. "I'll worry about it tomorrow. Get some rest, everyone." I send them off with a small smile. They do as I say and depart.

My face falls as I pull out my phone, nearly dead. I sigh and open Lianna's contact. I dial it and wait while it rings. Another ring. Another ring. Ano-

"What's up?" Lianna speaks through the other side.

"Are you okay? Are you safe? Where are y-"

"Chill! I'm exiting the woods now. When can you get here?" She asks. Her voice sounds slightly strained, but she sounds normal otherwise.

"I can leave now and get there in maybe... twenty minutes?" I reply, already grabbing my keys. I hear her exhale heavily, and I can just picture her fingers running through her hair.

"Okay. Hurry if you can. I love you." She says, almost hurriedly.

"Wha-" Lianna hangs up.

With a new ache in my stomach, I tell the others that I am leaving and should be back within an hour. I push myself into a run and throw myself into my car.

Along the way, I open my phone and check to see if Yoongi sent an update. He did not. I groan and feel the urge to slam my head into my steering wheel. Restraining myself, I focus on the road. Hold on, Lianna. I'm on my way.

------