17. Four Weeks

MATEO

I think I’m going out of my fucking mind.

The entire pack house scents of Astrid. Everywhere I go her honeysuckle scent teases me and sends Xolo into a frenzy. I’m terrified of bumping into her in case Xolo grabs her and fucks her in the damn hallway.

He is a wolf. He has no understanding of why he has to wait any longer to mate and mark his mate. He’s waited three years and in his book that was an eternity. An eternity he didn’t choose. Now he’s out for blood. Astrid’s blood. Blood from her neck when I mark her.

I feel deranged.

Astrid’s sweet scent is a venerous drug to Xolo and since her return, he has become a wolf with only one goal and he will not rest until Astrid is mated and marked.

I lean back in my chair with a pained groan, the screen on my laptop a blur as I close my eyes and palm my straining cock. I’ve never felt more un-Alpha-like than this moment. Three years of focus and training unraveling before my very eyes.

Fuck Viagra, if I could bottle Astrid’s scent I’d be a fucking millionaire ten times over.

“Alpha, you do realize I’m still here,” Donovan says dryly.

I growl, eyeing my Beta, grimacing at how easily distracted I’ve been since Astrid arrived.

“I’m perfectly aware you are here, I just don’t give a fuck.” I sit up and Donovan closes the folder we were discussing, the final plans for the trip to the Council House for the Mating Festival.

“I think you need new lessons in building team morale.” he quips.

“What I need is Astrid to finish her training so I can get Xolo under control,” I growl, palming my dick again and not really caring that Donovan can see. My office is already swamped with my arousal. I’ve denied access to anyone other than Donovan or Torro. All other business is being taken care of in Donovan’s office until I’ve got my shit under control. Which could be never.

“May I suggest something Alpha?” Donovan asks.

“It better be a fucking miracle,” I grumble.

“No miracle sorry, but I think you avoiding the Luna is only going to make your situation worse. Xolo needs to see her, he needs to know she is not going to vanish again. Let him meet her wolf, he will not do anything against her will or harm her, you need to trust him and trust Astrid. She is determined enough to see through her training for the next few weeks. You may find some, um, middle ground, that will help with the urges and see you both over until her training is complete.”

I look up at the ceiling exhaling deeply.

“Is middle ground a euphemism for dry humping?” I say snarkily, casting my Beta a dry look.

“Well that and anything else you can think of that doesn’t actually involve mating her,” he replies with a smirk.

“Sounds like a shit idea to me,” I grumble again.

“Well, you can take my advice or leave it Alpha. I just don’t think avoiding her for four weeks is going to work. Xolo is already unstable and it has only been a day. You’ll never survive four weeks at this rate and someone could get hurt. Not just Astrid. He could take any male in her company as a threat. You need to keep her close, especially at the Mating Festival. She will be attending unmarked and unmated and that will surely be bad for Xolo. We don’t want to start a pack war unnecessarily.”

Fuck I hate it when Donovan is right. He usually is. I’ve yet to tell him we could be on the verge of one already.

Bjorn fucked my mate without her consent. I knew without a shadow of a doubt when Blaze told me Astrid was not able to answer him straight on his question of consent.