5. Luna

MATEO

It takes a second for my brain to compute what Torro said, but once it registers that Astrid is actually here, at my gates, I move faster than I ever have in my life.

Torro stares at me as I brush past him and rush out of the pack house. He runs up behind me just barely making it into the passenger seat of my truck, confusion all over his face as I pull out of the garage.

“Alpha? Is everything okay?” His wolf is on full alert as he senses Xolo pushing me.

I don’t even have the ability to speak, my entire focus is on keeping Xolo in check. Having just heard about rogues in our area and now our mate just appearing out of nowhere at our border, he is on one mission alone and that is to get his mate into the safety of the pack and never let her go.

I feel Torro staring at me and in the rear view, I catch Donovan’s truck speeding up behind. No doubt Torro linked him.

Grasping the steering wheel, my knuckles white, I can barely hear the roar of my truck engine over the blood surging through my ears. Xolo howls in my head deafening me even further as we get closer to the border. Every inch of my skin prickles in anticipation.

Three fucking years. I thought I had another to go before I would see her again. I’m so fucking excited I feel delirious.

“Alpha,” Torro probes again, holding onto the roof handle as we approach the gates.

Without answering him I slam the brakes as I see Astrid leaning against the guardhouse post her arms crossed across her chest. There’s no vehicle in sight. How did she get here?

Through the truck window, I see her turn to me and the air in my lungs gives out as she smiles gently, uncertainty on her face.

I have no idea why she is here and it takes every bit of strength I have to not break my truck door to get to her. But I don’t know if she’s ready yet for everyone to know about us. Instead, I haul Xolo back and open the door slowly, walking across to the guardhouse with deliberate control that conflicts with the raging excitement inside me.

I almost choke and fall at her feet as her sweet, intoxicating honeysuckle scent coils around me.

Her high-waisted skinny jeans show me just how tiny her waist is and displays perfectly her rounded hips and ass. I try and drag my eyes from the more than generous swell of her breasts beneath the plain button-down blouse, but for the life of me, I think I’d have to claw my own eyes out to stop staring.

Fortunately, an Epsilon takes a step too close to her for Xolo’s liking and he whips my gaze away from her breasts toward the unfortunate guard, growling a warning that shocks us all.

The guard bows surprised, stepping back as I approach. He looks behind me and I know Torro and Donovan are not far.

“Apologies Alpha, this is Miss Paxton she asked to see you.” the guard says nervously, uncertain about why my wolf is suddenly staring at him like today could be his last day on earth.

I see Astrid’s head snap to the guard and back at me.

“Alpha?” She says, confusion flickering in her eyes.

I look back at her just as confused. She didn’t know I was Alpha? I didn’t think Norway was that far.

“You’ve been gone a long time Astrid, some things have changed around here.” I manage through the choking emotions in my throat.

I stand barely a few feet away from her, relishing being drowned in her scent and loving the way her eyes travel over my body. I know I’ve changed too. Taking on the Alpha role required me to take my physical training more seriously and Torro is a relentless trainer. I haven’t missed a shoulder or leg day in three years, and I love that Astrid notices.

“You’re back early, I’m not complaining, but why? Is everything okay?”

She looks up at me, her violet eyes drawing me into her deep pools.

“I’m in trouble and I need your help.” She says, her brows furrowing.

Xolo immediately goes on alert scanning the woods around us, the guards sensing this also step out toward the gates looking out.

I step toward her and frown as she steps back, her arms still folded across her chest.

Through the sweetness of her scent I pick up her fear and it confuses me that her fear is directed at me, not some unseen threat beyond my borders.

“Why are you afraid of me Astrid? I won’t hurt you.”

I step toward her again holding her eyes and this time she stays as I cup her elbow, regretting it instantly as sparks shoot up my arm slamming into my heart and dick.

Astrid sucks in a deep breath and a delicious shiver rolls over her, the fine hairs on her arm standing in excitement at my touch.

Fuck I’ve dreamed about touching her for so long, I can’t believe she’s here. I drop her elbow purely so I can focus my mind on her words instead of just her pretty pink lips.

Clearing my throat I hold her eyes, speaking low.

“Are you here only as someone who needs help?” She understands my question clearly.

Nibbling her bottom lip, exactly the same way I remembered. She shakes her head but struggles to meet my eyes.

“I’m here as your mate.” she whispers for my ears but she seems to forget we are werewolves.

Behind me, I hear Torro and Donovan gasp.

My heart hammers and I can’t help the beaming smile across my face.

“Good,” I reply.

I close the space between us and watch carefully as she holds her ground. The shiver returns and her skin pebbles in excitement. My heart pounds as I reach trembling hands upward, and sink them into her hair. Her eyes widen, her lips part and I take one final step closing the inches between us so her soft bosom is pressed gently against mine. Sweet torture. I am a masochist at heart.

I tilt her head closing my eyes as sparks explode between us. I savor the electricity - power I barely tasted three years ago that now reignites in my palms.

Opening my eyes, breathing hard I find her violet pools staring at me with wonder, her lips parted with anticipation. It’s all the permission I need.

I slam my mouth onto hers with a desperation that takes away any skill I may have had, a desperation that throws away every dream I’ve had of us meeting again, and how I would sweep her off her feet with controlled passion. No. I feel like I’m fifteen again kissing my first girl, except this time there is the surety, the perfection, the clarity that this female is mine, made for me and these lips will be the last lips I will ever kiss again.

Astrid offers no resistance, her mouth opens under mine, willing, submissive, accepting, and needy. As her hands slide around my neck pulling me closer, I dive into her wet warmth, finally tasting the heaven that has made my dreams hell for three fucking years.

If Donovan hadn’t cleared his throat pointedly I think I very well may have attempted to fuck her against the guardhouse. I pull away from her intoxicating mouth, her taste on my tongue, blood raging in my body.

I don’t even look at Donovan and Torro. My eyes are held hostage by her violet pools, dark with shock and desire.

“This is Astrid Paxton, my mate, and Luna.”

______________