Momoi x Riko - Fluff

Riko coming out to her dad. This will mostly be based off of my personal experience before and after I came out because it's different for everyone.

My experience was probably the most scary thing that I've ever done because my parents think that trans people are delusional and (fun fact) I'm trans and bi... yeah... They don't care if she/her makes me uncomfortable or anything they still call me by it. If you wanna know more about my coming out story then let me know!

Also I'm reminding you that Kuroko and Momoi are technically a canon couple.

If you're put of the part of the LGBTQ+ community, or if you ever have been part of it, and if you've come out, then you know what it feels like. The conflicting sea of emotions going inside of your head, gaslighting yourself in denial because you don't want to be part of community, but it's who you are and you can't change that. Riko had questioned whether she even wanted to come out or not. She could stay closeted for the rest of her life if she wanted. Conflicted, she sunk her head into her knees.

"You really don't wanna come out, do you?" Momoi asked.

"No... but I have to." Riko said.

"It's ok, come out whenever you feel safe and ready to!" Momoi said cheerfully, planting a comforting kiss into Riko's brown hair.

"Thanks Momoi." Riko smiled. "Can I stay at your place for the night?"

"Of course!"

The two girls walked hand-in-hand to Momoi's house, the setting sun invading their eyes the whole journey. When they arrived, they headed straight to Momoi's bedroom. Momoi lent Riko some pyjamas since she didn't have her own and an unvoluntary hoodie that Riko had threatened to steal if she didn't give it to her. After all of that drama, they decided on a movie to watch. Riko fell into a deep sleep about halfway through, so Momoi had to watch it alone. She enjoyed it regardless, since Riko was using her stomach as a pillow. She stroked her fingers through Riko's hair until she also fell asleep, her head lying lazily on the back of the couch.

-----

Riko and Momoi were woken up the next morning by Riko's phone ringing loudly. Riko answered the call, which was from her father.

"Hey dad." She yawned. "Need something?"

"Where are you?" Kagetora asked.

"Oh! I'm at my girlfrie- my friend's house!" Riko lied. God, imagine if she hadn't stopped herself from saying the word 'girlfriend'. "Sorry, I forgot to tell you."

"At least you're alright. See you later."

"Bye dad." Riko hung up on Kagetora and placed her phone back in her bag, then sighed.

"What's wrong?" Momoi asked, tilting her head like a confused dog.

"I feel bad lying to him." Riko said, staring down at the floor. She felt Momoi hug her from behind. "Thanks. Anyways, I should change and head home now." Riko kept her word, changing and returning the pyjamas she'd borrowed, and after a short shouting match reluctantly also returned the hoodie.

Riko was debating when to come out the entire journey home. At least she'd decided on one thing: she was going to come out soon. Momoi had noticed her being awfully quiet and how she had a poker face on.

"Riko, are you alright?" She questioned, worried.

"I'm telling my dad when I get home." Riko said, completely ignoring Momoi's question.

"Telling your dad what?" Momoi asked. Riko looked her dead in the eyes, almost as if she could see right through her. "Oh... OH! Are you sure you want to? It was only yesterday you were stressing out about all this."

"I'm sure. But can you be there with me?" Riko said sheepishly.

"Of course!" Momoi smiled.

-----

"Dad!" Riko called. "I'm home!"

Kagetora entered the room to greet Riko, and was taken aback when he saw Momoi standing beside her. Riko was looking down at the floor and rubbing the back of her neck anxiously.

"Riko? What's wrong?" 

Riko took a deep breath, locked eye contact with her father and mustered up the courage to tell Kagetora. "I'm lesbian... and uh... this is my girlfriend Momoi..." She gestured to Momoi, who had her hand on Riko's shoulder for moral support.  Riko looked as if she was about to cry. "I'm sorry..." She said, her voice nothing more than a hushed whisper.

Kagetora wrapped his arms around Riko's neck, ushering Momoi aside. "It's ok. I know it must've been hard for you to tell me." 

"Thanks dad..." Riko murmured. 

I wish my parents accepted me like Kagetora did. 

I take requests if you have any. Thanks for reading!

Word count: 767