overtime

"Hey, good morning," bati ng doctor na ngayon ko lang nakita.

Anyway, flashback: I got into a cardiac arrest three days ago. Why? Let's not go further to discuss that. I just woke up from a slight coma earlier at 5 a.m. Okay, back to the question.

"Who are you?" I asked cause I believe he isn't the doctor assigned to me.

"Oh, yeah. Dr. Yuchengco is working on a 4-hour surgery right now," he said without even throwing a quick glance at me. He was too busy jotting down whatever he was jotting down.

"Okay, but you did not answer my question. Who are you, and how can I be sure that you're not here to sabotage my recovery?" I gave him an offensive glare.

"Dr. Yuchengco," he finally stopped writing on the paper on his clip board and looked over to me. Deeply into my eyes, without a hint of emotion.

I got confused for a second. Ginagago ba 'ko nito?

"Son of Dr. Yuchengco," he walked over to the other side of my bed to prepare for my discharge.

I never knew that she had a son. Suki na 'ko sa hospital na 'to tapos ngayon ko lang nalaman? the disrespect.

Mom messaged me saying that she won't longer go to my room to get me because she thinks it's shameful to have me as her daughter, so she just sent my maid to help me with my stuff. I mean, hell I care? Already dying, at least spend my remaining time partying, right?

Before leaving, he stopped. He turned around to observe me.

He walked closer to me, I could feel the sudden shortness of my breath. I tried to raise a brow.

"Before I forget, as per advised, please avoid consuming alcoholic beverages for the next 48 hours, Ms. Reese," he said and walked away.

Are you the father, the son, and the holy spirit?

"Ay, basta! he was so cold to me, like, hello?! I am a patient here," I rolled my eyes while my friends laugh at me.

It's been almost 14 hours since I came back from the hospital. We're on our way to—

"I-Xylo mo nalang 'yan!" Ria winked at me.

"Okay, but was he hot? attractive? close to my type? or your type?" Shane, who was driving, looked at me through the rearview mirror.

It took me a while to answer.

"Hm, well, I guess it was a little attractive," I responded.

"It amputa, Yuchengco ba last name niyan? kasi I heard he works dun sa hospital kung saan ka, obviously because they own it. and kung oo, let me bag that "it" you're talking about," Shane laughed.

"Unfortunately, you are correct," They both looked at me with widened eyes full of surprises on their faces.

"The Yuchengco?! Gago ka ba, Reese? He recently graduated, topped the board exam, and is now a licensed doctor," Ria facepalmed.

"Oh, edi... nice?" sambit ko.

I was wearing a fitted black button-down v-neck polo that was cropped just below my cleavage and a denim mini skirt. I also wore my dangling earrings, a few bracelets here and there, and a pair of loafer shoes.

Right after stepping a foot on the dance floor, someone already approached me to hand me a free drink.

"Tangina mo, go away," I rolled my eyes and continued dancing.

I've already had enough shots to make me dizzy and tipsy. My friends? They are nowhere to be found.

I couldn't walk properly anymore, but that didn't stop me from finishing this fucking expensive tequila that my friends left me with on our table.