02 | stare

𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝

𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Being blindfolded is fucked up.

I could hear the fuckers around me murmuring under their breath in a language I could not speak and I could feel the cool air in the car as the driver took sharp turns. The barrel of the gun is still pressed into my temple and my wrists had started to hurt from the chafing against the rope as I try to discreetly untie it.

The car comes to a sudden stop and the dumbass next to me yanks me out of the car roughly, pushing me forwards, ignoring the way I trip and stumble.

"I'm wearing heels, dumbass. Can you at least take off this blindfold so I can walk?" I throw at him. 

I didn't used to be this way. I used to be docile - a bit of a pushover, but I realized that didn't get me far in life.2

He ignores me, pushing me again so I stumble. We go through a door and the cool air becomes warm on my exposed skin.

I hear the ding of an elevator and then we're going up for a while before he pushes me out.

This entire time, I'm fiddling with the rope around my hands and running through all of the karate and self-defence strategies I've put myself through for the past year.

They push me through one final door, just as I get the rope loose enough to pull a hand through.

Despite the warmth of the building, the new room we enter is freezing cold. It's not the climate that makes it this way, but there's a chill in the way the men behind me seem to straighten up, their hold on my shoulders tightening.

I still.

The blindfold is pulled off of my head and they shove me down into a chair.

My eyes take a second to adjust to the light, and when they do, I take in my surroundings quickly. I was in an office. The floors were dark wood and the walls were black, shelves full of books living them.

I was sitting in a chair facing a huge dark table. The three men who got me were still behind me. There were also two men stationed at each corner of the desk, and when I heard the click of the door closing behind us, I knew there were most likely guards there.

Fuck. I try not to look intimidated as I square my shoulders, finally getting to the person seated right across from me, staring into my eyes intensely.

Alarm bells go off in my head the second I see him. His eyes are a dangerous shade of gunmetal grey, with dark thick eyebrows framing them and a straight nose sitting on his olive-toned face. The hair on his head is a mess of black strands pushed back away from his face.

Everything about him seems sharp and structured - his masculine jawline is clenched and the 5 o'clock shadow is prominent on his stone-cold face.

Despite the menacing and cold look on his face, I couldn't help admiring the symmetry and attractiveness of his face, throwing me off for a second before I push those thoughts away swiftly.

He evaluates my face and figure with boredom, trailing his eyes up my torso and along my hair, which had become a mess,  as if he was looking at paint dry on the wall.

I could feel Carlo move nervously beside me, the gun now held by his side, so close to me.

Perfect opportunity.

I hold the man's gaze for a bit before I dart my eyes to the window behind him with my eyebrows raised in faux surprise and my head tilting as if there was something to see. I watch in satisfaction as his gaze follows mine, looking away for just a millisecond, falling for my trick.