Chapter 10 (The ghostly doll)

Start from the beginning

Mr Parker laughed out loud. "I noticed that as well. But that name is a nice one though, right, right?"

Damien nodded, biting his lips to fend off his laughter.

Annabella could finally understand what they were talking about. An upset pout formed on her lips. She gave both of them a dejected look.

"You guys are so bad. I'm not that doll."

Finally, Damien burst out laughing along with her father. They literally enjoyed teasing her as a pair. Annabella was so upset.

'What if his son-in-law also pairs with him like this? I'll be doomed by then.' suddenly a weird thought conquer her mind. Annabella shook her head in disbelief. Really! What was she thinking about?

The doorbell rang at this moment and Mr Parker stood up and went towards the door and opened it to see who it was.

"Oh, Mr Smith." He greeted his colleague with a smile before turning his head over to the young people in the living room.

"Sweetie, I'll be going. Stay safe and take care of the younger brother as well." He told his daughter before leaving the house.

Damien crossed his arms. "Did you hear that? You should take care of me very well." He lifted his chin arrogantly.

Annabella rolled her eyes at him. "You look more like a middle-aged uncle instead of a younger brother."

Damien clutched his chest in a fake shock. "That hurts, you know."

Annabella rolled her eyes yet again. "You made me hurt as well," She complained.

"What?" Damien blinked his eyes innocently. "When did I?"

"Aaaah!" Annabella was about to roll her eyes again when Damien blurted out, "Don't roll your eyes. It's annoying!"

"Whatever." Annabella grabbed the first aid kit from the kitchen and carried it towards the living room before placing it on the corner of the giant coffee table.

"Remove your shirt," She commanded.

Damien let out a 'Hmm.'

"Okay, but on one condition," He uttered, looking serious.

"What is it?" Annabella enquired, looking tired and bothered.

"Don't rape me using your eyes," Damien stated, as serious as ever.

It took a while for Annabella to digest what he said. When she did, she glanced at him, an unbelievable expression on her face.

"You're... You're..." She stuttered.

"Unbelievably handsome." Damien completed the sentence for her.

Annabella shook her head at him, not intending to say anything anymore. She opened the box and took out a would cleaner, some ointments and other necessary stuff to treat him.

When she turned over, she was greeted with a firm, fair chest and steady, powerful abnormal muscles. With a single glance, she could tell that he was a gym boy! He must be living in the gym to gain them.

"I've already warned you," Damien said with a sigh as he noticed her keep staring at his shirtless upper body.

Annabella blushed and looked away from his dazzling body. "Don't be so full of yourself. Nothing is special about your body. Just some muscles and whatnot. Any boy can get them if they go to a gym regularly."

Damien scoffed, "Oh really?"

Then he grabbed her by her wrist before putting her palm on his chest. "What about now? Isn't it hard and tight? Isn't it better than other boys'?"

Annabella's face flushed red even more when her perverted mind roamed around. She thought of something else when that innocent boy talked about a totally different thing. Really! It was the difference between teenagers and early adults, right?

Annabella shook her head to dismiss her wild thoughts. Damien misunderstood that she said 'No'. He pursed his lips in dismay.

"Just apply the medicine already," He barked as he turned his back towards the girl.

Annabella was taken aback by his sudden roar. However, she couldn't understand why he looked pissed off all of a sudden. Shaking her head once again, she started applying the medicine to his wounds.

"Ssss!" Damien hissed in pain. "Can't you be a bit gentler?"

Annabella nodded although he couldn't see her. "Okay, sorry."

Damien rolled his eyes and repeated, "Okay, sorry."

Annabella became angry as well. "Hey, kiddo. Respect me, will ya? I must be a complete fool for bothering this much just to treat an arrogant, stupid, good-for-nothing person like you!"

"What about you, ma'am? Do you think of yourself as Mother Teresa?" Damien returned her insult.

Annabella frowned. "What does this whole thing have to do with her?"

Damien waved his hand at her. "Just apply them."

Annabella shook her head dejectedly but still treated his wounds completely and even bandaged his back before giving him his light blue shirt. "Here, wear this and leave. Bye!" She said curtly.

Damien raised one of his eyebrows. "That's it?" He asked displeased.

"What else?" Annabella was so annoyed by him. He was a pain in the neck from the very beginning.

"Cook for me," Damien declared.