IV. Lincoln

Why did I agree to this? And why was I still such a sucker? Look, it's not that I didn't want her to know everything, but I didn't want her to know everything. And considering the side effects of the time traveling part of our DNA, it'd be a smart idea not to spill every single bean there is to knock over. But duty calls, and in order for her to do well when we go on missions--most importantly, her first elapse--she had to get a good picture of the Pillars. And maybe I could cut away the not-so-important bits.

What? They're not that important. They haven't been in a while.

"How many are there?" She continued.

"Twenty-two, including us."

"And Dimitri, what does he do for you?"

"Regulates where we go, haves us document what we do when we travel in a book that Matthew keeps called the Documents. We're currently on a mission to retrieve something stolen from us, which are your prophecies, mine, and his." I might've made her turn a few shades paler by mentioning our prophecies. Alex scooted closer to her, extending his hand over to touch her. She snapped back just in time, though. I stood from my leaning position against a desk as well.

"Fine, I'm fine," She argued. "The other day, you murmured that I was 'the actual one'. What did you mean by that?" Following my instinct, I remained standing, pulling a cool mask over my own panicking features.

"Each of us is represented by our spirit animal, while also depending on our birthday, making you the Hawk--January." Squinting, I captured the sight of a red garnet around her neck, in an uncommon chain. "What day?" The gun-shy attitude of hers still hadn't failed to show up when producing an answer now.

"The first," she mumbled. "And yours?"

"The last day of December--which makes me the Eagle."

"Nineteen?"

"Yeah. I'm a year and a day older than you."

"Do the prophecies come in pieces?"

"Seven scrolls each member."

"And Alfred? What does he and Matthew have to do with this?"

"They can't travel, they help with missions, scrolls."

"I see."

"Besides Alfred, though, we have others who we asked to help us, that willingly agreed. With clothes, since you can't wear just whatever you want, Ms. Salgados has a massive collection of clothes from every period--and I mean massive. And if you're anything like me, you're gonna get hurt easily, which is where Dr. David comes in play; his name gives you enough information about his specialty." Yet again, I noticed the intent attention she was giving while I explained everything to her, the grappling frown on her face as if she was doing English homework.

Hey, I was never really good at it.

"Anything I missed?" Her intense concentration focused on me, and the answer was nothing but clear as crystal.

"Another detail for the mirror--doesn't it have to identify you as a member before allowing you through?" That wasn't really important, but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't like to have donated some blood without agreeing and knowing first. Just saying.