Chapter 11: Transient Dream

154 let out a small yawn, blindly reaching out to pull his blanket over his shoulder. 

He could feel something moving beside him, but before he could get up and figure out just what it was, a familiar gentle, calloused hand carding through his hair just made him forget what he wanted to do, and instead, he snuggled back under his covers, pressing his face into his pillow.

Opening his eyes blearily, 154 was met with 922's confused expression, using one hand to hold up the book that was on 154's table as he lay next to him. 154 was just about to ask why 922 was in his bed... before he remembered what had happened the night before.

Right... 922 had been startled awake by his System-like gaze, and thought that it had been the thing constantly keeping him up and night...

922 seemed to notice that he was awake, and put his book away, grinning down at the platinum eyed invigilator, "Morning."

"What time is it?" 154 murmured, and 922 checked his phone, "Don't worry, we're not too late. At least, it's before our usual breakfast time."

154 let out a small hum in understanding as 922 continued his ministrations, making 154 feel drowsy all over again, and he closed his eyes. Normally, he detested going to sleep, but this was the most comfortable he's been after waking up since forever, and some part of him wanted to indulge for just a little longer.

And if this really was nothing more than a dream from his lonely, delusional, insane mind... then this was a damn good dream and, despite the nagging feeling gnawing within him, 154 didn't want to wake up from it.

...

Eventually, 922 sat up, and moved to get up, leaving 154 internally mourning the loss of warmth as he wiggled even further under the sheets, unwilling to get up, "I'm going to go make breakfast. You sleep in for a little- Ack!"

With a sharp jerk, 154's eyes shot open, startled by an odd sudden movement and the yelp, and found 922 half on the bed, and half on the ground. 

922 groaned as he tried to push himself up, wiggling around like a dying fish, as 154 sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, instantly awake, and tried to figure out just what the fuck was going on.

For some reason, 922's foot had gotten tangled in the blanket and had tripped, accidentally yanking 154 as well, who was huddling under it.

He couldn't help but wonder if he was stuck in some kind of fever dream.

He knew 922 was a little silly and clumsy... but how does someone even get themselves tangled like that!? The blanket wasn't even that big!

154 felt the urge to facepalm, but pushed it down, deep within himself. 

There was no way this could be a dream; his brain couldn't dream up this kind of stupidity and chain of events, not even in a million years. 

This had to be real. 

This was real...

This was... real?

922 managed to untangle his foot from the blanket and stood up, rubbing his sore side, "Anyways, I'll go make breakfast."

"Yes, you said that just now." 154 deadpanned, yanking his blanket back up, some part of him not being very happy that his blanket was on the floor because blankets weren't supposed to be on the floor.

"Are you alright?"

"Me? Yeah, I'm fine. I'm tough. Something like this wouldn't hurt me." 922 just snorted, and headed out of the room, "I'll call you when I'm done."