Chapter 6: Solitary Confinement

【A violation warning has been detected. Responsible invigilators, please immediately implement punishment!】

154 cursed under his breath and dragged 922 out of the dining room while the latter asked, "What violation?"

His question was quickly answered when 001, who was waiting for them by the door, tossed a note over to them, "The violation warning."

With his longer arms, 922 caught the piece of paper, and stared at it as they made their way to the examination center.

"Broken equipment? Is this one of these toothpaste questions again?"

"..."

154 blinked at him impassively.

"...What?" 922 looked back at his friend.

"Nothing." 154 stated curtly; luckily, 001 was too far ahead of them, just out of earshot of the silly question being asked as he pushed open the door to the examination center.

Two dozen scared faces swiveled to stare at the trio, glancing between each other warily.

Being the one with the note, 001 pushed 922 forwards.

"..."

But looking at the faces of the clearly terrified examinees... 922, no, Wen Yuan coud not find it in himself to speak up.

Trying to steel himself, 922 glanced at the note again.

A young boy?

922 looked up at the examinees again. He could eliminate all the girls, and the middle aged people... and that one elderly lady at the back...

All that was left with was one poor boy, maybe twelve or thirteen, with a broken test tube lying by his feet.

"..."

922 tried to open his mouth, to perform his duties as an invigilator, but no words came out.

...

Fuck, how could he!?

This wasn't the first time he was reading the violation notices... 922 knew there was something wrong with this weird ass exam System, pulling in the sick, the elderly, and even children...

But for the victim to be a kid, barely out of elementary school...

922 couldn't do it.

He felt the note being snatched out of his limp hand, and 922 made no attempt to get it back.

"We are the invigilators for this round. I am No.154." He heard 154 speak up for him, but it felt like his ears were stuffed with cotton balls, "We have just received news that one of you didn't follow the examination rules."

The young teenaged boy looked down guiltily at the broken glass by his feet, shaking with fear.

922 had no idea how 154 was being so calm and collected...

Looking around and seeing that no one was speaking up, 154 continued with a deadpanned expression on his face, glancing at the note that he had stolen from 922, "According to our sources, the offender is a young boy. Please come with us."

001 gently pushed 922 forwards, and the invigilator just looked at the small boy who they were supposed to toss into a confinement room for three hours.

The boy's form was shaking with fear, and yet, he still bravely stepped over the broken shards of glass, towards the invigilators.

922 mutely moved towards the young boy, his limbs feeling heavy, as if he were dragging sand bags behind him. He gently grabbed the small boy by the shoulders, and steered him towards the door.