Chapter 3: Meeting

922 nearly dozed off during the meeting.

It was... rather boring.

009 was just reading some documents out loud, while some other invigilators nodded along.

001 didn't look like he was paying too much attention, fiddling with a pen in one hand while his other finger tapped on the table impatiently, but 922 got this odd feeling that he actually was concentrating on this meeting.

Apparently, these other invigilators were stand-ins for other Head Invigilators, who were currently stationed overseas and couldn't really attend the meeting... but with almost everyone's code numbers being in the double digits... 922 couldn't help but feel out of place.

He wondered if 154 felt the same, and he snuck a look towards his friend.

...

Eh, 154 probably didn't care too much about that.

He was far too busy jotting down notes every now and then, condensing the contents of the meeting into a brief summary that could be used for future reference.

922 peeked over to see what 154 was writing.

Something about bugs, fixing exam centers, a damned examination center with a 0% passing rate (what the fuck happened there!?), even more stuff about bugs...

...

154 seemed to have taken quite an interest in these "bugs". His notes on them were the most detailed...

"...it broke down halfway! Because of a logical mess in the NPCs!" Someone complained (for the life of him, 922 could not remember anyone's codes...), "No matter how many times the examinees have "cleaned" it, it's still not working! At this rate, this punishment is going to hurt more people!"

009 shot 001 a dirty look.

...

Aha.

No wonder 154 took such detailed notes about this; these "bugs" had occurred because of Qin Jiu...

"Don't look at me." 001 glanced back at 009, waving his hand, "If the System decided to "take inspiration" from the exam center for overseas usage, along with the broken AI, then the System's clearly stupid."

"..."

The other invigilators glanced between each other. It was unspoken... but from the way they looked, it was obvious that they did agree with 001 in some way.

154 glanced at 001 with a wary glint in his eyes. 

And 922 had to admit, while that was an irrefutable statement... he was surprised that 001's light didn't turn on. Maybe the System was just used to his attitude at this point, it just gave up, and was alright with it as long as he didn't say anything to the examinees.

Afterall, in the short time that 922 had known 001 had never tried to conceal his distaste towards the system. (He didn't count Qin Jiu... they were practically two separate people, missing memories and all...)

Beep.

Ah, there was the light. 001 had probably stunned the System by saying something like that out of the blue.

001 glared at his wrist in disdain with such an intensity that 922 thought he might just develop laser eyes and burn the tiny light off, but remained quiet.

922 was just about to open his mouth, but 154 nudged him.

"You'll get used to it." 154 muttered stiffly, in a barely audible tone, "Comes with the job."