Party Games and Murdered Rabbits (Part 1)

Carlee and Jenna had been at the house for nearly an hour. I was starting to think that Andre wouldn't show up when three sharp raps came from the front door. Kaitlin hopped up. "I'll get it" She said a little too brightly to be believable. I didn't realize I was holding my breath until Andre entered the room. He was wearing black jeans, a grey t-shirt and worn-out converse. Even casual he was hot. My cheeks flushed and I had to remind myself to look away.

"Hey Andy. We were just about to play diminishing bridge. Should we deal you in?" Jessie was the only person that got away with calling him that. He told me once how much he despised the name, but she was the Alpha's daughter. No one wanted to disrespect her.

"Yeah. I'm not clear on the rules, but I'll figure it out as I go"

"Great. Just pull up a chair." There were only two seats left at the table, one next to me, and the other across the table next to Jenna. Please sit by Jenna. Please sit by Jenna. I chanted in my head. Unfortunately that trick only worked with Lukah. He crossed the small dining room and took the seat next to me.

"Hey Blue" My heart skipped a beat against my will. The nickname was his thing, and it made me feel special.

"Hello Andre." I replied tersely.

"Can you explain the rules?" I could do this. It was an easy request, Right? Than why did it seem like he was asking me to scale the Great Wall of China?

"Um. Yeah. It's pretty easy. Have you ever played spades?"

"Of course"

"It's like that, except the trump suit changes every round."

"So its kind of like Rook?"

"Kind of" He seemed to think about that for a moment than replied.

"Seems easy enough. Ok let's do this thing."

Jessica didn't need any further prodding, she was ready to begin. When it came to competition Jessica always wanted to win, but I had seen Andre's competitive streak, and I was curious how the dynamic would pan out between the two.

The first three hands went by quickly. I had gotten my bid every time, and Kat wasn't far behind. Carlee was losing terribly, but she didn't seem to mind. She seemed happy enough to be a part of everything.

"Ok. Andre. It's a tradition that we bid the 5-card hand blindly. You get to choose first"

"Blindly? As in I can't look at my cards?"

"Exactly" He didn't seem happy to leave the game to luck, but eventually he complied.

"I'm going to win 2" I had to bite back a laugh

"Out of 5? With 7 people?"

"Why not" This time I did laugh.

"Ok then. Go for it" It felt good to smile. Everyone else bid at one, except for Jenna who didn't think she would win any. I picked up my hand and saw two aces and the king of diamonds. The rest of my cards were clubs. Jessie flipped the top card.

"Trump is clubs" My streak was screwed. Andre laughed as he looked at his cards. Andre played three crap cards in a row, and I had already out-won my bid.

"Looks like you were wrong Andy" I teased. By this point I had forgotten why I was so worried. It was so easy having fun with Andre. I wished that it could be so uncomplicated all of the time, but I knew that wasn't an option. Not yet at least.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that Blue." He smirked as he laid the king of clubs down. No one was able to top that. He chuckled as he collected his win. The next card he played was the Ace of clubs. "I think I just got my bid" I scowled when he stuck his tongue out like a child, but couldn't hold my composure and broke out laughing.

"Don't worry. I'm still winning"

"Not for long" He replied laughing along.

By the end of the game Andre and Jenna had both passed me by a point each. They tied for first, and Jessica fell into last place, which did not make her happy.

"Jess" Kaitlin spoke up nervously. "We should probably head out. It's getting dark." We had been so involved in the game that we forgot to check the time.

"Crap. Ok. Kyle do you have the sleeping pills?" She immediately went into Alpha-mode. She was raised to be in charge, and she was very good at it.

"Always" He answered. The full moon would be the hardest on Kyle and Jessie because they were Moonies, the pills helped with that. "You need to go Jen" Jenna nodded and walked out. On full moon's Jenna stayed in a cellar that locked from the inside. It was designed to keep any stray wolves out, so that she didn't get infected.

"Good." She turned her attention to the rest of the group. "We are going to head west. There is a valley that we like to go to. It is as far away from civilization as possible, so we should be safe there for the night." None of this was new to me, we did this every month, but I listened anyways. I could feel the wolf inside of me getting antsy. The beast was ready to take over. "Ok. We need to hurry. Head out."

Well. Chapter 3. Thats weird. Feedback is always welcome:)