Chapter 2: Eater of French Toasts

Start from the beginning

"Well, what are you guys waiting for? You have rehearsals to go to!" Paige nagged at us, did I mention she's our band manager? Well she is.

I quickly went back to my room to change to something decent, replacing my snow white pajama set with somehing cooler. I settled on a striped long sleeve shirt and some black shorts with my favorite rubber shoes, it's just band rehearsals anyways.

I went down the stairs two at a time and straight out the door

I went down the stairs two at a time and straight out the door. The van we use is already parked in front, with my sister in the passenger seat and Thalia at the back.

"It's still not sinking in that we're gonna perform in Berlin. Much less that we're opening for The Grizzlies!" Thalia exclaimed in disbelief.

"We're opening acts?" I asked, excitement building in. My sister nodded saying she forgot to tell us.

"What did you forget?" Caoimhe asked getting in the van with Heidi following right behind her. I scooted over to make space for Caoimhe while Heidi at at the back with her girlfriend. The van started moving.

"Nothing much, just that you're opening for The grizzlies." Paige replied smirking.

I covered my ears anticipating what would happen next.

"The Grizzlies?! THE Grizzlies?! With the hot as shit vocalist, love of my life, mother of my future children Dahlia?" Caoimhe all but screamed inside the car.

Caoimhe seems sweet and gentle in person, and she is but when you mention Dahlia, her longtime idol and crush, prepare your ears for her peircing screams and your arms for her hard hits, basically she turns into another person when you mention Dahlia.

"Chill out woman! My ears are about to burst!" Heidi exclaimed, covering Thalia's ears with her hands.

"Take deep breaths Caoimhe." Thalia teased, removing Heidi's hands from her ears.

Caoimhe tried taking deep breaths, sitting beside her, I can see she's still feeling excited so I rubbed her back, hoping to calm her down.

"This means one thing." Caoimhe said.

"What?" I asked

"I'm finally gonna meet my wife soon." Caoimhe sighed dreamily, hugging her The Grizzlies blanket closer to her chest. Yes, she has their merch, told you she's a fangirl.

I snorted a laugh, leaning back in my seat and opening up my phone, I starter liking and replying to a few comments on my post from yesterday. I still can't believe that this is my life now, to think that just a year ago, I was out waiting tables and washing dishes just to make enough money for rent, and now I don't even know how much rent we're paying, I don't need to.

I scrolled through tiktok a bit more and saved a couple dance trends that I wanted to do, before realising that the van stopped. I looked up and saw my sister crossing the street to get to a cafe. Didn't we just had breakfast?

"Where's Paige going? We just ate?" I asked confused

"She's getting coffee for the producers and bosses." Caoimhe replied.

I absentmindedly nodded my head and was about to watch more tiktok videos when somebody caught my attention. A Girl wearing a huge puffer jacket with—"are those hands on that girls' jacket?" I weirdly blurted out

"Huh?" Heidi looked out the window to see what I was pointing out "oh she's pretty" Thalia nodded beside her while looking as well.

"sure but what is she wearing?" I chukled, amusement replacing my confusion earlier.

I glanced at who the weird jacket lady is with and did a double take. When I saw her, It felt like I got slapped in the face by emotions that make no sense, especially looking at a stranger. A gorgeous stranger, I might add. I couldn't stop staring and that confused me. She's not wearing or doing anything to stand out, just talking to the weird jacket lady and yet I wanted to know who she is. As weird as it sounds, I knew I wanted to get to know her.

I debated getting out the van and introducing myself, I've never been shy to make the first move, even without knowing if they're straight or not, it never mattered to me. But just as I was about to get out, her and her weird jacket friend, got into the car parked right in front of them and drove off.

"Damn." I muttered, running my hnds through my hair.

"Whaddya say Rynn?" Caoimhe asked putting her full attention on me, she's always been super attentive and caring like that.

"Huh? it's nothing, just saw a pretty girl and wanted to say hi, but she's gone now." I replied slightly smiling at her. Caoimhe frowned for a bit and is that hurt I saw in her eyes? Why?

"Oh" She muttered back, scrolling through her phone again.

The passenger seat opened and my sister came back with cups of coffee and some pastries. "Let's go." She said.

The van started moving. I leaned back in my seat and looked out the window. She's really pretty, I hope I see her again.

AN: And now you met the band! Quirky Stevens is a cute name isn't? I like it. Hope you like this chapter too!