The company from Nigeria decided that it is just at the time he was supposed to sleep a meeting should hold for the new AL they are working on. He couldn't say no when it's the project he's been working on for ages.

The elevator suddenly came to a cessation, a sound from outside of metal grazing against metal made their ears ring. Madina's eyes widened from beside him, she checked the buttons that don't have light around them anymore but nothing worked. He saw the panic seizing her features in vice grip.

Fortunately the lights in the elevator is still on, that is good. He checked his pocket for his phone then muttered a curse remembering he's left it back in his suite with the meeting still running while he took a quick excuse to go get strong black coffee.

Now he is stuck. In an elevator with Madina no less. A total disaster.

"What the hell is going on?" She muttered beneath her breath, trying her best not to sound terror-stricken but he could see right through her.

She browsed through her bag for her phone and started dialing numbers while waiting. It would not ring for a long time and when it does, it is only once before the line goes dead.

Now he is also close to panicking. He's got so much to do and that coffee needs to be in his system before he lose his shit and crumble from fatigue. This cannot be happening right now. He waited patiently beside her as she continued to call for several minutes.

Madina strutted around the small boxed room clutching the phone in her hand. "Come on. Come on, answer the darn call."

With a sigh ricocheting from his lips, he leaned back against the velvet clad elevator in resentment. "I don't think the network will allow any call to go through."

As though she's just remembered he was there with her, her eyes snapped up to meet his. For a second there, his heart and breath came to a sudden halt, when he started breathing again, it was erratic and the thunderous sound of his heart pulverized his ear drums.

Just then the lights go off eliciting an alarming sound from Madina to echo around them.

Instincts had Bilal moving closer to her, he took her phone from her and quickly turn on the flashlight. He felt her swallowing harshly against him, her breath also quickening in the confines of the elevator.

With the flashlight turned on, his eyes fell on the dark head beneath his jaw. He realize that she's now glued to his body. Her back against his chest, long artificial stiletto nails fastened around his triceps in an invincible grip. He concluded that she's terrified of the dark.

Unhurriedly, he lowered them both to the floor knowing it might take longer than expected to get them out from the elevator and he doesn't have much strength in him. And now an unnerved woman in his arms to deal with.

They both sat down on the floor, Madina's back still against his chest the flashlight illuminating her face. That is when he decided to really look at the woman before him and not the one she wants everyone to see.

She has this pristine, youthful and frank beauty which she desperately veils with sinful and corrupted makeover.

Madina had dazzling, champagne-brown eyes and half-moon cheekbones. The recessed light made her eyes gleam with gusto is the closed space. So many secrets and darkness hidden behind those clear eyes with psychotic powers.

Her trout pout lips that appear to be suede soft -somewhere his thoughts really shouldn't go to. But that is the problem with Madina. She makes every man to want to go to hell for her no matter how unblemished. No matter how scary hell sounds.

Not liking her silence and the wayward thoughts glistening behind his mind, he teased. "Will you be quiet? You're making it hard for me to think."

Her brows bunched together in confusion then she slowly turned around to glare at him. Finally, she's back. He'd take this Madina hundred times before he'd even look at the other one. Is she claustrophobic? Or perhaps has nyctophobia?