Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come For You? Part 1

Start from the beginning

The once state-of-the-art studio, all funded by the Victorian government, was now a twisted and melted mess. The walls were blackened, the ceiling collapsed, and half of the studio was blown open, revealing the parking lot outside.

The man scanned the room with his silver-white eyes, looking indifferent and serious.

Unbeknownst to anyone, except his assistant, he was blind. His silver-white eyes were a side effect of his blindness caused by his Oripathy he contracted more than twenty years ago. But people shouldn't know that.

Despite this, thanks to his Oripathy he can somewhat see people around him. Literally.

His eyes can see the outlines of any living beings. People, animals, you name it. He can see through walls and solid objects. Of course, he also can't see those walls. He can only see the outlines of living beings. Which is why he has an assistant to help him navigate the environment around him, along with his cane.

The man was wearing the iconic dark blue Victorian police uniform, consisting of a tunic, trousers of the same colour, a leather belt, and an open coat of the same colour.

He heard footsteps approach him from behind, before hearing, "Sir, we've secured the complex, and seven blocks more." the voice, belonging to a woman said.

"Is it Reunion, superintendent?" he asked as he turned towards her.

The woman shakes her head, "Unlikely. Reunion activities in Victoria, especially in downtown Londonium is minimal at best."

"Mmm." He nods, before walking away to exit the building. He was walking towards a wall.

"Sir! Watch out! And you dropped your cap!" The woman pulled him back and puts on his peaked cap, proudly displaying the coat of arms of the Victorian empire.

"Thank you, superintendent." The man thanks her and turns to leave, "Find out." He spoke, before disappearing out of sight.

"...Yes, High commissioner Rex."

...

"Wait hold up! Don't go down the stairs!"

---------------------------------------

Downtown Londonium.

Woah. Look at that. Police helicopters in formation above. Neat.

Anyways. I'm in line for a high-end restaurant. It's quite a long line, a long fucking line. Heck, I've been standing in this line for the past forty minute, outside, with a bunch of clowns known as street vendors.

"Mister! Mister! Fresh fish for 11.99! Cheap Fresh dish!" "Mineral water for the mister and little miss behind over there!" "Extra, extra, read all about it! Breaking news! VBC Headquarters exploded!"

"Alright can you all fucking scram?!" I stomped my feet catching the attention of the street vendors and people in the line. "Except you, give me that newspaper."

Grumbling, I snatched the newspaper and paid the guy. I immediately pulled open the newspaper to try and act busy.

This worked, as the street vendors moved away from me and continued to bother other people. Even the people in front of me tried their best to keep their distance from me.

Great. Means I won't have to deal with these annoying people.

Flipping through the newspaper, I didn't fine anything that catches my eye, except for that thing about the VBC headquarters. Whatever.

Suddenly, while I was skimming along the newspaper for some actual news, some hooligan cut in front of me while whistling innocently!

Who does this guy thinks he is?!