Chapter 2

10th September

Dear Diary,
Yesterday was my first day of school and it wasn't that bad.

I had a lot of anxiety, but it all faded away right after talking with that girl, Selene.

I really hope that one day we could be friends.

☽︎

Luna was at school.

It was the second period, just a few moments until break. She was doodling on a piece of paper, obviously bored.

The bell rang, but she didn't stop what she was doing.

But she stopped when she saw someone coming in her direction. She tried to cover that ugly thing on the paper.

Selene placed her hands on the desk.
«What are you drawing?»
She asked smiling.
«Nothing, they're just random scribbles.»
She answered crumpling the sheet and putting it in her bag.

«Do you like to draw?»
«No, I'm not really good at it. But when I get bored I draw random things, nothing much.»
«Alright, anyway, could I get you number? We're making the class group chat.»

Luna grabbed her phone.
«Sure, here.»
She began to tell her the phone number and after a few seconds she was added to the group chat.
«Done, thanks.»
Selene went to the other side of the classroom. But not too long after, another girl came up to her, Rachele, the girl who was sat beside her.

«Umh... Luna, this is you, right?» She said pointing at a number that she still didn't save.

Luna nodded. «Yes.» Rachele typed something on her phone. «Okay, thanks.» She smiled at her and sat near her, since the break was over. Before the teacher could enter the class, Rachele turned to Luna.

«By the way, sorry if yesterday I completely ignored you, but Greta had to tell me something crazy.» She told her pointing at a blonde girl on her left. Luna shrugged. «Don't worry about it.» Rachele smiled at her one last time and her gaze fell on the teacher's desk, where he just arrived.

Luna kept looking at her. She was hypnotized by her perfection, her long curly brown hair. Her hazel, upturned eyes, her fair skin. But she realized that she was staring too long, so she stopped and focused on the lesson.

☽︎

The second school day was over, everyone gathered their material and put them in their bags. They went out of the classroom and Luna waited outside for her mother to call her. While she was sending a text, someone went up to her. She looked up and in front of her there was Selene, who had a smile on her face.

«Bye Luna, see you tomorrow.» She said going the other way. «Bye, see you tomorrow.» She answered softly, aware that she wouldn't hear her anyway since she was too far away.

Finally her mother called her and told her where she was. She approached her and got into the car. Her mother asked her the usual question: "How was it today?".  Luna briefly told her what happened and they set off.

After they got home they had lunch and Luna helped clear the table. She went to her room and continued to read her favorite book. After a few hours she started to get bored, so she decided to go out on a walk.

She changed into her biggest short-sleeved gray T-shirt and baggy black pants. She put her hair up in a high ponytail and told her mother that she was going out. She walked out the door, put on her headphones and began her journey.

She walked into the mall and went to the bookstore, where she passed every day.  She bought a book and regretted not bringing enough money to get another.  She exited the building and as the sky was starting to darken she walked towards her house.

But she got distracted and she realized she had taken the wrong way, so she had to go back. As she walked she noticed a forest in the distance with a path. She took a better look at it and thought about passing that way, realizing that it led directly to her house.

It was her first time taking this route and she looked around her, completely forgetting about the weather. Halfway through she saw a pond and walked over to have a better look at it.

That was probably the most beautiful pond she had ever seen, it had a shape that resembled a half moon and inside there were fish, each of a different color.  Around the pond the grass looked perfect. She looked up hoping to see the moon but instead there were dark clouds.

She ran to her house when she felt rain drops on her nose and went inside before it started pouring rain. She went to her room and put the book she just bought into an empty space on her bookshelf. She closed the window and turned on the desk lamp.

She sat on the bed and took off her shoes. She laid back and stared at the ceiling, which she loved to do since she was little. Without realizing it, she fell asleep.