Chapter 9: Lesson Disaster

Everyone has secrets. Some are small, some are big, a few are harmless, and more are harmful. No matter your age, your race, or your identity, we all hide secrets.

Even the most innocent person in the world can hide an ugly secret.

We keep secrets to protect something. And most of the time, to hide what's behind that beautiful smile, there's a dark lie lingering in the deepest part of our existence.

And we will do everything to hide that secret.

When I say everything, I mean, Everything.

***

As everyone noticed an owl flying at them, some stopped eating and stayed still. They anticipated another show. What show? The landing of the infamous Weasley's owl,Eroll.

However, Cale has already seen what will come and adjusted his position by taking four steps back. Midway through Eroll's landing, Cale raised his arms and caught the owl easily... most likely.

"Ack..!" Cale yelped from the impact as Harry, who's behind him, caught him before he lost his balance.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked as Cale took a second to respond, but eventually he nodded weakly.

After regaining his balance, Cale stood again, and Harry removed his arms from Cale's shoulder.

"Nice catch." George gave Cale a thumbs up, but Fred shook his head in disapproval.

"It was quite a show, but a show has to meet no injury." Fred walked near Cale and held his hand as Cale winced a little.

Fred's from became visible as he gave the owl to whoever was near them and examined Cale's hands.

"Oh god, should we go to the infirmary?" Hermione cuts in after seeing the small scratches.

"It hurts." He said, nodding at Hermione's suggestion.

The twins panicked 'slightly' and hurried him to the infirmary, but got stopped after Malfoy came and interrupted them.

"It's just a bruise; don't sweat it." Malfoy said, causing the temperature to drop a few degrees.

"Let go of Cale." Fred started. He's annoyed by the appearance of the Slytherin, but he's more concerned about Cale's injury.

"There's no need. I'll guide him in the infirmary." Malfoy insists, which Ron rebuts, "Outsiders have no business here, so back off."

"I-"Stop it, it's almost time. You won't want to be late on the first day, right? We'll tend it ourselves." Cale interrupted as Fred glared at Malfoy even more.

"Cale- "Brother. I'll see you later, alright?"

Fred's intense gaze slowly softened as he sighed. "Alright, But make sure to treat it right away, and you-"

"Brother."

"Fine." Fred sighed and turned his gaze to the floor.

Cale sighed and gently pushed Draco on the shoulder away from the scene. He looked at them and said, "We'll go now. See you later." He says this, hoping he did not upset them by what happened.

"You don't have to do that." He mumbled to the latter he was dragging out of the hall.

"I do." Draco whispered back while looking in front of him with a visible defensive frown.

Cale took a short glance at his arm but saw no slight sign of injury on it.

'What...'

- That's... -

***

Meanwhile, Harry looks at the owl on his arms, which Fred gave him earlier. He noticed an ornament that the owl had been holding the whole time. It is a silver necklace that looks quite similar to the one he has. He got curious about the appearance of the pendant and tried to take the necklace off Eroll. The moment he tried to take it, the owl struggled and flew at the other Weasleys, giving them the necklace and leaving.