Chapter 7: If Only You Remember

Once the feast is over, it's only natural for the students to go to their respective houses and then rest. It is what they are doing now. Cale saw that the so-called feast earlier has vanished out of thin air.

He wasn't that surprised, as he always experiences that whenever they are having dinner with family. Before Bill and Charlie leave to work out the country, there's always a fight over food whenever they are eating.

Now that he thinks about it, it's been so long since they've all been together. In the first place, why would he think about things like that at a time like this? He wonders.

- I know you miss them already, Cale, but don't worry; you'll meet them again soon! -

At last, Glutton speaks. However, he didn't fully understand what she had just said, as-

'I know that much. So why would I miss them?'

Cale asked, confused as to why she said such nonsense, but Glutton responded with a gasp.

- Oh my, it's Cale disease! -

'Cale what?' He asked, slightly flabbergasted by the sudden slip of the word, or maybe insult.

- Ah, no. Nothing. Yeah, I already experienced explaining for the nth time, so I'll just shut up for now. -

This is the third time this day he has ever felt insulted and confused at the same time. However, not wanting further explanation, he shrugged it off and continued to follow the crowd of Slytherins with Draco by his side.

They went out of the hall and continued their way to the castle's hundreds of staircases. Those stairs are not your typical staircases; they move. Each stair detaches and connects by itself to a different floor.

For the first time, Cale is pleasantly surprised by the thought of stairs doing the work for him so he can go on different floors without moving. However, the thought got interrupted when a stair connected itself to the floor in front of them.

It is leading underground. As they walked downward, Cale felt the cold breeze touch his skin and shiver slightly. There is no question that this dungeon will be a perfect den for snakes. But, to differ, Cale is not a snake.

"Are you alright?" Asked the person beside him, Draco. He seems to notice everything about Cale, and it's terrifying.

"Fine." He replied briefly, not bothering to be polite.

"I see.." Draco said, but Cale felt a different meaning in the response.

He decided to turn his gaze on him, but all he saw were his deep green eyes, which Cale believed to be a reflection from green fires inside the dungeon, looking at him. Draco blinked twice as his eye color turned into its normal color, like it was never there from the start.

Cale held back his goosebumps and turned away from him. Cale wanted to ask a question. He hates uncertainties, but knowing something can also lead to more troublesome things.

He knows that much, so he decided to feign ignorance, like he always does, from this life to that life. How did he know? He doesn't know. But he feels like, after seeing those green eyes, he knew himself better than before.

An odd occurrence coming from nowhere, huh. That's not his cup of tea.

- ... -

Cale decided to fasten his pace, but the people in front of him have already stopped walking. He looked where they were, and there was a stone wall in the dungeon with some strange designs on it.

"Behind this is our house's common room. To go through, you need to speak the password. The password changes every week, so make sure to see it on the notice board in the common room. Don't ever share your password or let outsiders in unless you have permission or an emergency situation." The head boy started to speak, and Cale decided to listen to it, even though he already knew most of it, credits to his informants, Fred and George.