Chapter 8: Breakfast Chaos

"Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw

Cale has always been a mommy's boy. Cale loved his mother more than anything, but not in a way that renders him completely dependent on her, or just because he won't admit it himself.

His mother has always been with him since he was a young child. Every time he had a nightmare, his mother was there to wake him up and tuck him in until he had a pleasant dream.

Even though they have little money to be able to call themselves poor, she's still trying to make him as comfortable as possible, so it's no wonder why he's so fond of his beloved mother.

That's why he felt so much fear when he unexpectedly parted ways with her at that moment. It wasn't like the fear of the monster in his dream or of being snatched up by a man-eating mud.

It is the fear that you will lose the place where you truly, finally belong. Again... Again.

"Cale."

"Two more hours, mum." He said.

"Firstly, I'm not your mother, and second, 2 hours, really?" That voice is clearly not like his mother's.

The typical response should be, "If you don't get up right now, then," indicating that this person is not his mother.

Cale gradually opened his eyes. He silently turned to face the intruder to his precious slumber.

He looked at Blaise Zabini in front of him and remarked, "Oh, it's you."

"I have a proper name, not 'you,'" Zabini replied, adjusting his green tie.

"Zabini..." Cale yawned. He turned his gaze to the window next to his bed. The sun is almost up.

He stared at Cale for a good while before saying, "Blaise. It's strange to be called by your last name by someone your age." He then pulled something from his pocket.

It is a white handkerchief. Blaise gave it to Cale and said, "Here."

Without understanding why he would give him that, Cale took it cautiously.

"You're sweating too much."

Just as Blaise noted that he was sweating, Cale became aware of it. He thanked the boy after using the handkerchief to wipe off the sweat on his forehead.

"You seem to be having a bad dream. Are you-" "Thanks, Blaise." Blaise paused after hearing the remark.

"What?" Cale asked, as he continued to wipe his face and neck. Just why would he sweat too much in this cold place? He wonder.

"Are you going to keep lying down now? It's almost breakfast." Blaise turned around and left their room for their common room.

Cale groaned. Knowing that it'll be their first day of class, he's never felt this tethered to his bed before.

But when he finally stood up, he saw that the two cats had already woken up. They appeared to be waiting for him to awaken. Hong swiftly leaned on his arm and stood up.

Cale examined his belongings. It appears that someone has already taken care of it. He muses on who that might be, but eventually he settles on expressing his thanks to whoever it is.

Then Cale took his Hogwarts robes from the small cabinet and entered the restroom. Fortunately, he wasn't hindered from taking a shower by anyone. Namely, Fred and George

He murmured, "Hm." He finished up, grabbed his two cats, and entered the common room.

There were few people there, most of them are most likely in the Great Hall to eat right now. He looked at each of them and saw Blaise. He is reading a newspaper's daily prophet. Upon hearing his steps, Blaise turned to face him and murmured, "So you're done."