I grab the photo and rip it in half, tossing it out quickly before heading for the door.

Before leaving my room I glance at the mirror one last time, "Should I change?" I mumble to myself, but then add, "Too lazy."

I smile to reassure myself and leave the room that I've been locking myself in for half of the day.

My mom gives me a disapproving look as I walk into the kitchen, I roll my eyes knowing that it has something to do with the fact that I look like I came out of a cave.

"Whatever," I say.

Hyein turns around in the high chair. She had been eating something my mom made since she adores her.

"Ouch," she mumbles while stabbing a piece of fruit on to her fork, "You look like a troll." she added with a slight smile.

I smile back sarcastically, still slightly annoyed that she got me out of my comfortable spot.

"Don't go feeling too special yourself." I say still giving a fake smile, I go to sit in the chair next to her.

"Did you go to work today?" I ask as I steal a piece of fruit from her bowl, but she pokes my finger with her fork.

"Hey!" I whine giving her a slight slap on her arm.

"Who gave you permission?" her mouth turning into a slight grin as she eats another piece of fruit.

"It's literally a piece of fruit, Hyein." I whine, quickly grabbing one out of her bowl.

"Haerin, stop being immature and leave the poor girl alone." said mom standing on the other side of the counter while dying her hands with an orange cloth.

"Thanks for being my mom." she didn't even make me a bowl of fruit.

She just looks at me with a death-stare, a very intimidating one. After I go quiet she smiles at Hyein and turns around to continue washing the dishes.

I turn my head away from my mom to look at Hyein, who stabs a bright red strawberry with her fork and looks at me "Magic word," she says with her annoying evil grin.

I squint my eyebrows, "I'd rather starve." looking away from her face which I really want to smack.

"As you wish." in the corner of my eye I see her smirk.

I do love her a lot but she is also the sister I never had so naturally she is annoying, very, very annoying.

We both tease each other though and we both know it's a joke, it never means anything personal.

"Can you answer my question though?" I say softly, forcing a sweet smile so she actually answers rather than make me say "the magic word."

She smiles before speaking, and pints the fork at me with the bright red strawberry still on it, I pull it off and take a bit out of it.

There's her sweet side.

"No I didn't go to work today," she answers back to the question I asked before she stabbed a fork into my fingers.

I look back at her a little confused as she usually works on Saturdays, so I ask another question "Why? Did you already get fired?" I teasingly ask.

"No, I was sent home after something came up." she looks at me giving with a cautious expression.

"Something was that bad that you had to be sent home?" I mumble, knowing that she cares a lot about her reputation and grades, she she wouldn't so easily leave the job.

"Yeah, I got sent home because my roommates got us kicked out of our apartment so I had to go get my stuff," she says casually chewing on her fruit salad that she's eating so slowly.

I was about to react but my mom beat me to it and gasps "Oh my god, that's awful."

"It is, I never thought something like this could happen to me."

"What got you kicked out?" I ask, feeling hurt for her.

"You know how they are Haerin, it's six girls in a small apartment and this was our third strike already," she says with a soft voice yet sounding anxious, I figured it was probably because she had no idea what to do next.

"Did you come here to ease the stress a little?" I keep asking questions instead of dramatically reacting which would make her feel worse.

"Haerin remember the day we were at our usual spot in the playground?" she askes, not waiting for a response, she continues "It was the second month of our friendship and you told me that you owed me for making high school better for you, that you owed me for being there when Seoyeon ended your friendship."

I tilt my head in confusion not because I didn't remember but because I didn't know why she brought this up now, so I say"Yeah, but why are you asking this all of a sudden?"

"Well, you still owe me," she says while picking at the last two pieces of fruit, not facing me.

"Do I need to help you get a girl or something?" I ask still confused.

I mean that's the most obvious reason, what else could she need right now, and I realize,

At a crisis like this, why else would she be coming to my house? To relax? She needs a place to stay,

I breathe in hoping that has nothing to do with the favor she might ask me at this moment,

"Please Haerin, please," she starts pleading, "We need your house."

I guessed right unfortunately, she can't go anywhere else, me and my mom are the only ones living in this ridiculously sized house.

I was about to say something when my mom, once again, butts in,

"Well why not, I don't see a problem with it."

Well fuck.

~