"Hey," Dario entered the room, wearing a black suit, which made him look extra handsome. He looked at me from head to toe and smirked. "Penso di aver vinto il jackpot... Um, you look beautiful and elegant, Bambi." His compliment caught me off guard, and I blushed really hard. 

I did not say anything about the nickname as I got used to it coming from him. I just wanted to know what he said in Italian, but I did not feel like translating it.

I hope it is not an insult.

"Thank you," I replied and looked at the clock. It was seven-thirty sharp, and I was actually impressed. "Punctual, I like it," I remarked with a grin.

"Shall we go?" Dario asked as he linked his arm with mine and grabbed my purse in his other hand. He was acting like a gentleman, and I loved this side of him. "We will have the business dinner at the Windfall building; I arranged everything. You will finally get to know my most trusted men."

"Okay, I want this business to be a success, and I hope Atlas does not ruin it," I said, and he squeezed my arm, not too tightly, but enough to tell me that he was as stressed as me.

"Don't worry; he won't be able to enter the building. We caught all the unloyal rats today, so he cannot sneak in without help." He opened the car door for me, and I slipped inside. Once in the driver's seat, he turned the ignition on and drove.

"How did you catch them, and what did you do to them?" I hoped he captured them with civilized methods, but he was the Mafia Don, so it was improbable. His smirk confirmed my worries, and I did not want to know anymore. "You know what? I don't want to know. Don't tell me."

He nodded in approval. "It's better if you don't," he stated as his phone rang. Dario put it on speaker. "Yes, Nonno?"

"Are you on your way?" Basilio asked. "Is Jolene with you?"

"Yes, and she can hear you."

"Hi, Basilio," I said with a smile, even though he could not see it. But Dario did, and I looked out the window to avoid his gaze. 

Eyes on the road, man!

"Ciao, dear. Everyone is here already, and we are waiting for you. The boys can't wait to meet you, Jolene. I told the ones who have not seen you yet how pretty you are, and they got extremely excited." Basilio's words made me laugh, but Dario scoffed.

"Nonno, dovevi dirlo?" Dario asked, and I decided to focus on texting Phoebe. She was dying to come with Dad and visit me, but she could not leave when she had important documents to fill in and attend crucial company meetings in Dad's place. They were doing my job there, and I felt terrible for it, yet they understood my situation.

"Si, now man up, and confessa il tuo amore!"

"Shit, Nonno. I have to hang up; we'll see you in a bit," Dario said in a frantic tone and turned his phone off. He looked a bit flustered.

"Are you okay?" I asked and put my phone in my purse.

"Yeah, it's nothing. Hang on tight; I will take a shortcut. It's a bit rowdy."

~~~

"When you said a bit rowdy, I did not expect it to be fucking muddy! Good thing the windows were shut." I got out of the car before he could open it for me, and I saw him scowl. "I was going to be sick. You drive like a maniac!" I grabbed my purse and wanted to walk in, but he grabbed my waistband and held me back.

"You liked punctuality, so here you go. It's exactly eight." When he said that, my eyes widened.

 He did this for me?

~~~

6/05/2023

I hope you liked this chapter! The real action is on its way, and I am excited :)

Quick random question: what do you do for a living? Or what are you planning on doing in the future?