Dave East.

Y/N's heels clacked on the wooden floor as she made her way to hug Raven, her sister in law. The two women embraced each other as Raven helped Y/N with her luggage.

"Hey mama!" Y/N excitedly said as she admired her outfit.

"You look gorgeous, how have you been?" Raven complimented as they finally made it to the room after the small talk.

Y/N and Raven had booked for a family weekend away at a cabin lodge as Mama B, their husbands' mother requested. To say there was family drama would be an understatement. Y/N was married to Dave and Raven married Isaiah, Dave's younger brother. The two shared beautiful four year old twin girls, and Y/N and Dave hadn't gotten to the point where they wanted kids as yet, mainly because of the family drama.

Dave and Isaiah never really got along, even though they shared the same blood, the same DNA. Dave always thought Isaiah was irresponsible and entitled, and accumulated his portion of their late father's wealth without doing much work, and Isaiah thought Dave had always been hard on him and pressured him to be a certain way just because he ran the family business on his own for a while. So... after years of not seeing each other as brothers, Raven and Y/N thought booking this weekend away would help them build a bond and reunite, and obviously make their mother happy because those were her only children and seeing them butt heads even as grown men broke her heart. The only issue was that they both told their husbands they would be alone, so they didn't even know they'd see each other.

"I've been good, but you already know we're two peas in a pod girl, can't nobody get in between us, especially not our stressful husbands." Y/N expressed as she took her coat off. They sat and chatted for a while in Y/N and Dave's suite. Mama B and the girls eventually came to the suite and Y/N greeted her nieces and mother in law happily as they all caught up.

~

"Okay, the girls are with the nanny, bathed and fed, ready for bed. We still have some time before Isaiah and Dave arrive and dinner, so you know what that means right?" Raven excitedly said as she pulled something out of her pockets.

"Girl, you brought Ms Reese?" Y/N chuckled, referring to India and Iman's nanny.

"I couldn't bother Mama B like that, she's here to relax you know," she laughed as she pulled a lighter out. "Now, as I was saying, it's time for that Zaza..." Raven said as she took a pull from the joint.

She and Y/N would smoke occasionally but it was never crazy. "You are a bad influence, you know that?" Y/N laughed as Raven passed it to her.

"I keep you young girl. Do you think it's gonna go well this time?" She asked in between heavy exhales.

"I can only hope. I mean it's been 5 years, they have to come around right?"

.

.

.

Y/N, Raven and Mama B were settling down when Dave walked in with his one hand carrying a duffel bag and his phone in the other.

"Aye!" Raven cheered happily as Mama B cooed at her oldest son.

Even though Dave had beef with his brother, he always showed love to Raven and the girls and showed up where he could for their events. "Ray-Ray, what's up beloved?" He smiled as he greeted her with a warm hug before heading to his mother, who wanted to cry.

"Oh, David..." she softly spoke as he gave her a long bear hug.

"Hey mama." He placed a kiss on her forehead and Y/N watched sweetly as they caught up.

He then came over to his wife and kissed her before sitting next to her. "This is a nice surprise, where are my beautiful nieces?" He asked as they started eating.

Raven smiled, "They're already up for their bedtime. You know I still have to keep them on routine." She said as Dave agreed. Raven quickly excused herself to take a phone call and she came back hand in hand with Isaiah soon after. Mama B shot up once again to embrace her son and Dave's face turned sour as he threw the napkin on his place. He looked away before glaring at Y/N, who placed her hand on his forearm, "David not now, please..." she said softly.

Isaiah happily greeted Y/N, then headed to his mother, who couldn't stop caressing him and finally sat next to his wife, proceeding to dish up as if he didn't completely ignore his brother.

"I'm starving, did y'all just start eating?" He questioned as he continued plating his food.

Mama B let out a sigh of exhaustion at her failed attempt of bringing her sons together. Dave took small sips of his drink as Y/N would embarrassingly play with the loose strand of hair by her ear.

"Baby," Raven nudged Isaiah at his attitude. "Can you at least make an effort?" She asked as he continued eating.

"I doubt he knows what that means, Ray." Dave pettily spoke up, making Y/N and his mother reprimand him.

Isaiah's jaw flinched as he tried not to say anything he'd regret but failed. "You should stop acting like my daddy and go make your own kids. I know where my father is, shit." He spat back, making their mother stand up.

"David and Isaiah! Five years! Five years since you last saw each other and you are going to act like this?!" Mama B yelled, earning a few stares from other people in the dining area. "Do you think your father would be happy about this?!"

"If he were here, someone wouldn't be acting like he's my father."

"I am too high for this shit..." Raven mumbled to herself.

"Boy I dare you to get up and say that to my fucking face!" Dave yelled as he pushed his chair back while Isaiah stood up to get physical. Raven and Y/N stood in between them to stop them and their mother got up and walked off.

"Guys-" Raven stopped speaking and ran off to Mama B while Y/N kept her hands firm on Dave's chest while pushing Isaiah with her back and legs. "David please!"

Isaiah backed off, "Leave him Y/N. He needs to climb off that high horse and stop thinking I owe him. I don't owe you shit!" With that said, he walked off.